VMware vSphere Review

We've been able to consolidate 70-80 physical servers into much smaller ESXi virtual servers, though I've yet to figure out the product fully.

Valuable Features

• Stability
  • Ease of deployment

Improvements to My Organization

We have been able to consolidate 70-80 physical servers into much smaller ESXi virtual servers. We’ve reduced our footprint to a much smaller virtual environment.

Room for Improvement

I can't say as I'm still trying to figure out the product fully.

I have been extremely impressed by the stability of the solution.

It's extremely scalable. The ease of being able to add a new server or host in, and get it compatible with what's going on gives us a lot more functionality to get that host up and running.

Fortunately, I haven’t had to use it much, but I’ve gotten good response, usually we get someone on the phone and they are able to help us with our issues.

No previous solution was used.

I inherited our production environment, but I set up the dev environment and that was up and running in a day. The time from installation to functional environment was about a day.

Other Advice

I think as a company VMware is committed to innovation and stability and from a setting up the environment standpoint, you want consistency, but from what we’ve seen VMWare has that.