VMware vSphere Review

We're able to scale up as much as we need so long as the backend support is available, although there's no option to choose either the web or thick client.

Valuable Features

• vMotion
  • DRS
  • HA

Improvements to My Organization

It uses less data-room space, and has lower cost and power consumption, giving us much bigger cost savings.

Room for Improvement

I wish they would maintain thick clients and web clients, so you can choose which to go with.

It's great, just natural hiccups during the upgrade process, but we straightened out those issues.

It's fantastic, able to go as big as you want to go, so long as the backend and databases to support are big enough.

Used tech support for upgrades over the years, and they were good. They were better before partnering with EMC, and not a little more drawn out (ticket, open case, priorities, etc.). Don’t work with TAM.

I was not involved when they did the initial setup. In a prior job, in a big environment, the setup was smooth in moving to 5.5 from 4.1

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Budget appropriately, so look at yhr infrastructure, and have no fear on the VMware side because it's a great product.

Other Advice

Nothing is perfect, and something will always have an issue.