VMware vSphere Review

We had a lot of disparate hardware that we've now been able to consolidate onto one platform.

Valuable Features

• Reliability
  • HA
  • DR
  • Ease of deployment
  • We had a lot of disparate hardware and now able to consolidate into one platform
  • Easy to keep hardware up to date

Improvements to My Organization

So much easier to back things up now. We had Oracle, SQL, everything was just a one-off, but we now have just one process for all our VMs.

Room for Improvement

We have vCloud suite, Hyperion was a pain, but now they've just announced integration into vCenter, so everytime I have a complaint, they’ve already started to address it.

• Great stability, no complaints at all
  • More we move to appliances
  • Easy to keep up to date

• We had a lot of standalone boxes, and management wanted to go to VMs
  • We were able to consolidate all hardware without purchasing anything extra
  • Able to carry us through several years when unable to purchase hardware

They've always been excellent, but we rarely contact them maybe one or two times a year. When we’ve had issues, it’s resolved in hours. We have TAM (tech account manager) so helped things along.

Implementation Team

We had vendor come out and it set up on 3.5, and once we got our feet wet, it's easy to maintain and upgrade.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Only purchase what you’re going to use, our management makes decisions, and buy lots of products we’re not using.

Other Solutions Considered

We chose vSphere because of it's ease of use, especially that it's easier than Hyper-V. Deployment would have been more labor intensive, and wouldn’t have saved any more money in the long run.