VMware vSphere Review

The DRS and snapshot features are valuable. vRA and vROps management could be simpler.

What is most valuable?

• HA
  • DRS
  • Snapshot
  • FT
  • vMotion
  • SvMotion

How has it helped my organization?

It gives us the ability to be running over 250+ VMs on five physical hosts and in various flavours of guest OSs. Previously, we did not have this option.

What needs improvement?

The only improvement that is needed that come to mind are improvements in the vRealize Automation and vRealize Operations management simplicity.

I've used it for six years.

We have not had any issues with deployment.

We have not had any issues with stability over the six years we have been using the solution.

The solution has scaled well.

I would give the technical support 7-8/10.

In terms of the setup, it was generally straightforward overall. However, it was relatively complex to set-up vRealize Automation 6.

Implementation was done in-house.

We made an ROI after three years of using the solution.

My advice when it comes to pricing is that pricing is a bummer, especially when it comes to SnS coverage. From the feedback I have received from other users, that’s a concern for most of the customers.

The products we looked at prior to this one were Hyper-V and RHEV.

What other advice do I have?

Overall, I strongly recommend this product.

Disclosure: IT Central Station contacted the reviewer to collect the review and to validate authenticity. The reviewer was referred by the vendor, but the review is not subject to editing or approval by the vendor. The reviewer's company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're partners.