VMware vSphere Review

Versatile, extremely stable, and very scalable with useful DRS and resource pooling features

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the virtualization of server infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

It is very versatile. All features are beneficial and very good, especially DRS and resource pooling.

What needs improvement?

They can maybe review its price. They can also consider offering a free public version for development for a certain number of users.

I am using version 6.7, and it would be good if it has support for SaaS storage. They might already have this feature in the latest version 7.1.

We have been using this solution in our company for 10 years.

It is extremely stable.

It is very scalable. Its usage depends on each customer. We have small, medium, and large customers.

As a company, we are not a big consumer of VMware solutions. We do VMware deployments in other companies. We sell it to other companies, and we have a partnership with VMware.

Based on my experience, they are very good. Their support used to be best, but it also depends on the number of subscriptions for each contract. Generally, their process is very good.

It is easy.

I'm not a pricing or budgeting person, but I know that its price is a little bit high, and they can consider reviewing it. Its price is probably the highest in this domain.

What other advice do I have?

I personally do not recommend Hyper-V based on my experience, but I can recommend others to also look at Proxmox. There is also a solution from IBM. They are, for sure, very good contenders.

I would rate VMware vSphere a nine out of 10. It satisfies our needs.

Private Cloud

6.7
More VMware vSphere reviews from users
...who compared it with Hyper-V
Learn what your peers think about VMware vSphere. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.