vRealize Business for Cloud Review

Helps us to automate all the provisioning activities on the platform and has good integration with other applications and vendors

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable about this solution is it helps us to automate all the provisioning activities on the platform. I like the integration with other applications or vendors.

What needs improvement?

I think it is a very good solution because the technology is very consolidated with third parties. VMware is a top solution for virtualizing infrastructure. If I have to suggest to someone to use a cloud platform technologies, I would suggest VMware or OpenStack for infrastructure, because with VMware you have a perfect way to have support for your issues. You also have a consolidated technology. With OpenStack, you have a cloud public platform like Amazon Web Services, because OpenStack is based on AWS philosophy. It is open so you're sure that in the future you can use the platform without problems and without locking.

I've been using this solution for about six months now.

The technical team is quite capable of resolving issues. I would, however like it if they could provide their customers with more qualified support, like some training videos.

I used vCloud before, which is another cloud solution of VMware. It is most useful for public cloud, because it works better in multi-tenant infrastructure, while vRealize is better for mono-tenant infrastructure. For instance, when you have a private cloud and you want to manage various virtual machines, a lot of infrastructure for only a customer, this is the better solution. If you are a cloud provider and want to use VMware technologies for your platform it's better to use vCloud.

The initial setup was complex because they are a very important platform, but it wasn't so complex with respect to the community solutions. We used a consultant for the installation and deployment.

We did evaluate other options, but vRealize Business for Cloud turned out to be the best.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a ten out of ten and I will highly recommend it to others.