Zenoss Service Dynamics Review

Custom built integration feature enables you to see the especially critical items

What is our primary use case?

Our environment for Zenoss Service Dynamics is custom-made. We have connected to a cloud system. On the other hand, they are more service-oriented than our data center.

What is most valuable?

The custom built integration is one of the most valuable features because you can see all the especially critical items. You can choose to ignore others or to take action. It's good when all the notifications are coming into one system. You can take action if needed.

What needs improvement?

Zenoss Service Dynamics is good at the moment. I don't see anything that needs to be improved. In terms of monitoring, they need some sort of customization options. It should be more intuitive.

Zenoss Service Dynamics is quite complex, i.e. the number of required corrections, etc.

There was a problem with Zenoss and storage monitoring. Either this was because of some specifics of the storage hardware or some specifics of the Zenoss software. Zenoss has virtually excluded storage integration from their support.

Zenoss has built in a number of add-ons, some of them unique to their needs and some that can be customized for a particular product. Zenoss sometimes can be too complex.

We have used Zenoss Service Dynamics for about five years.

Zenoss Service Dynamics is quite stable.

Zenoss Service Dynamics is working with thousands of optics. The scalability is quite good. This one is integrated with sixteen different systems.

There is a group that is defined in Zenoss Service Dynamics so anyone who is defined in the group can log into the Zenoss website for views. Most of the requests are coming directly to the sixteen systems. Maybe 50-60 or more of those are on hold by us.

Zenoss tech support answered relatively quickly. All the solutions are good. I do not have direct experience with them, but good responsiveness. They are relatively quick in response times.

Before Zenoss Service Dynamics, we previously used IBM products.

The initial setup was easy but complex. I made some investigations because of life. We were looking for other options.

It was kind of a little challenge to configure it. It had plenty of configuration flaws. Zenoss Service Dynamics needs to define automation. It was relatively hard to manage this part.

The deployment usually is not that hard, maybe a day. The customization will take most of the time, i.e. the number of plug-ins available. In total, it's probably a month or more to install.

What other advice do I have?

Zenoss Service Dynamics is a good product. They need some sort of customer issue support from the company. Whatever they need to build, we have to think about using it.

I'll give Zenoss Service Dynamics a ten out of ten.