Zimbra Social Review

The administration feature supports the settings and monitoring. There is need for more collaboration in the education sector.

What is most valuable?

Administration is the most valuable feature because it supports the settings, monitoring, and it enables the Zimbra Collaboration Plugins.

How has it helped my organization?

Zimbra Collaboration and Social Integration have broken the presumptions in our school that open source solutions are limited and not user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

There is need for more Zimbra Collaboration in the education sector, i.e., between students and teachers or between teachers and teachers.

I have been using this solution for a year.

We did encounter some stability issues, in terms of the processing time. There were occasional time outs. Sometimes the system was slow. However, it would improve if we restarted the application/service.

As of now, there are no scalability issues.

I would give technical support a rating of 5/10.

We were using a different solution before this one.

At the beginning, the setup was not easy due to lack of resources and knowledge of this product.

You should try it out on a pilot, before registering for a long-term service/package.

What other advice do I have?

Get commitment for this product in your organization. At least more than 50% of your company should be ready for it.