Zudy VINYL Review

It is very scalable from its licensing to design

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for workflow management and transportation.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are its flexibility and rapid development. We need to be able to find stuff quickly and produce solutions to our users. We are a quickly changing, rapidly integrating company. Therefore, this solution allows us to keep pushing forward and ensures our continuous improvement.

What needs improvement?

On the development side, we would like to see continued improvement on the visibility of the subqueries, as we are building applications. E.g., I would like to have more visualization in the back-end of the data objects and how they are interrelated.

The interface has had a lot of changes to it. It is better than it was before. However, with the subqueries in particular, this has been the most difficult part of the interface.

I would like them to build out more tools for communication, particularly the ability to do a multinode panel via email.

We have had no performance issues with it.

It is very scalable from its licensing to design. We have not had any performance issues when scaling.

I do think we may need to consider using a different server, but I don't think that is anything against Zudy.

We have not had to use their technical support.

We have spoken with their consultants and developers though, who have been responsive and know what they are doing. Early on, we requested things to be added to the firmware, and it was added in a week or two.

They have some online training material. They have courses that they do in person. They also make stuff available online. I have had some white papers provided to me by the consultants, which were understandable and clear.

It mostly replaced Excel, Access, and emails. Access 365 was not doing as much as it had in previous versions.

Our CEO had a relationship with someone at Zudy, so we tested the product and saw it as an early opportunity. It fit with our requirements and we were trying to move on from Microsoft Access.

The initial setup was straightforward. The data connections simply pull in data, and it took five minutes to start building an app.

It's easy to understand the basics and learn from other examples. However, it takes a bit of experience to know everything that it's capable of doing.

It was a slow roll out. VINYL was the cause of it.

We have probably been using it in production for a year, but have had no issues in product.

We have seen a 30 percent decrease in time for some of our workflows.

As far as connectivity and ease of use, nobody else was doing anything better.

Create Enterprise Apps without Code

Find out more about how Zudy VINYL's code-free platform can speed up your enterprise application development process. Contact Zudy to find out more.