Zudy VINYL Review

We find it is easy to learn and use, and the user interface is easy to pick up.

What is our primary use case?

We are using it for headcount, some dashboarding, and centralized reporting for various departments.

How has it helped my organization?

In one group, we created an application which helps provide insight into profitability per salesperson. For each of their orders/customers, where is the best profitability? Where are the low margins? This has been transformative.

What is most valuable?

It is flexible and versatile. You can connect to multiple data sources or databases concurrently, which is very useful. You don't have to extract and load or build a data warehouse, if you don't want to. You can attach to databases live and pull data live wherever it is. It can be in the cloud, on-premise, or on a subsidiary's premise. You can get at them all. You're not just stuck with doing redundant copies of data.

We find it is easy to learn and use, and the user interface is easy to pick up. We have trained some of our own people to be able to do apps with VINYL. Therefore, we can turn things around quickly.

Three to five years.

Once or twice, when a new version of VINYL comes out, it has had a negative impact on a feature. However, we do everything in a test environment. Unless we miss something in test, we don't go live with it if it isn't perfect. Zudy hasn't had too many stumbles along the way, but there have been a couple times, and it's been minor.

I haven't seen any limitations to the scalability, and we have demanded a lot.

Everyone at my current location has access to the product via the Intranet, about a few hundred people.

We find the team members who work with us from Zudy catch on to business issues and processes quickly. They make good suggestions and are excellent listeners, which distinguishes them from more than 90 percent of the rest of the consultants and service providers out there. These people listen and do what you ask them to do. It's truly a distinguishing characteristic.

I was looking for a tool with which I could easy build dashboards from multiple sources which didn't necessarily go together. It didn't make sense to build a single data warehouse out of information which was quite disparate. So, I found a viable solution in VINYL.

The initial setup was straightforward.

The implementation team was a combination of Zudy's and our technical teams.

I have two Zudy staff full-time onsite for deployment and maintenance, plus my own team.

Pricing and licensing are expensive.

I did evaluate other competitors.

What other advice do I have?

Consider Zudy, at least when you are getting started, because their people listen and deliver what you ask them to do.

We love the tool. I like it enough to introduce it to another division of the company.

They have added some security features at our specific request. We are told that other customers are very receptive to those security features.

We have had minimal problems with the product and a high degree of success with their consultants, service providers, and technical support people. In addition, the success that we have experienced with recommendations that we've suggested to improve the product. They are easy and fantastic to do business with. They don't have to be micromanaged.

Create Enterprise Apps without Code

Find out more about how Zudy VINYL's code-free platform can speed up your enterprise application development process. Contact Zudy to find out more.