BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management Overview

BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Privileged Access Management tools. It is most often compared to CyberArk Privileged Access Manager: BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management vs CyberArk Privileged Access Manager

What is BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management?

BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management enables organizations to mitigate attacks by removing excess privileges on Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux and networked devices. Remove excessive end user privileges and control applications on Windows, Mac, Unix, Linux, and networked devices without hindering end-user productivity.

Key Solutions Include:

-ENTERPRISE PASSWORD SECURITY

Discover, manage and monitor all privileged accounts and SSH keys, secure privileged assets, and report on all privileged account activity in a single solution.

-ENDPOINT LEAST PRIVILEGE

Enforce least privilege across all Windows and Mac endpoints, gain visibility into target system vulnerabilities, and control access to privileged applications without disrupting user productivity or compromising security.

-SERVER PRIVILEGE MANAGEMENT

Gain control and visibility over Unix, Linux and Windows server user activity without sharing the root or administrator account.

-A SINGLE PLATFORM FOR MANAGEMENT, POLICY, REPORTING AND THREAT ANALYTICS

Utilize a single solution to manage PAM policies and deployment, understand vulnerability and threat analytics, and provide reporting to multiple stakeholders and complementary security systems.

Learn more at https://www.beyondtrust.com/privilege-management

BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management is also known as BeyondTrust PowerBroker, PowerBroker, BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management for Windows, BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management for Mac, BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management for Linux, BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management for Unix.

BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management Buyer's Guide

Download the BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management Customers

Aera Energy LLC, Care New England, James Madison University

BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Faraz Abbasi
Security Engineer at Dig8Labs
Provides our clients with Session Management and state-of-the-art Password Management

What is our primary use case?

There are multiple use cases for this solution. There is the auto-discovery option for PowerBroker Password Safe, which can discover all the local accounts on any of Windows, Linux, or Unix. It can work with Active Directory and onboard Active Directory accounts automatically, if the correct credentials have been provided for AD. When it comes to databases, it also governs and controls all of them. It can integrate with Oracle Database, SQL, Oracle Linux, or other database environments.

• "I'm a BeyondTrust partner and I have multiple deployments, four or five banks right now. The features that give us quite an edge compared to what our competitors are offering - like IBM or Thycotic - are the Session Management, that is quite a big one; also the recording of keystrokes. In addition, there is the password vaulting and state-of-the-art Password Management, which I haven't seen in other products."

What other advice do I have?

I would rate BeyondTrust at eight out of 10. It's not a 10 because the scalability and licensing have impacted us a lot. Of the two points that I have deducted: One is the non-flexibility on the pricing and one is the licensing model. When you launch a product in several markets like the European market, the Asian market, or the Russian market, you have to be very flexible when it comes to the pricing.
    Star Tseng
    Senior Technical Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
    MSP
    It scales easily and the product is stable

What is our primary use case?

We use it for the password management (of privileged password management).

What is most valuable?

Privileged password management.

What needs improvement?

It should support XWindows Remote Desktop Access Protocol for Linux/Unix. I would like more connectors for other security software/systems. A password is needed to access their security systems.

No stability issues.

It scales easily.

I would rate their technical support as a nine out of 10. I have a technical support contact in Singapore.

Which solution did I use

Learn what your peers think about BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
    511,607 professionals have used our research since 2012.
    BS
    Security Staff Engineer at a tech vendor with 1,001-5,000 employees
    Helps us reduce major vulnerabilities by removing local administrator privileges

What is our primary use case?

We use it to limit user privileges.

How has it helped my organization?

It reduces major vulnerabilities by removing local administrator privileges.

What is most valuable?

I like that I can remove local admin privileges from developers.

What needs improvement?

It only has limited support for Mac.

Less than one year.

In version 7.3 there were driver compatibility issues with other security applications, but they were resolved very quickly by support.

The BeyondInsight appliance environment is not as flexible as it should be in some designs. But overall, it’s a well-designed product.

How is

StarTseng
    MSP
    Simplifies server access without password distribution

How has it helped my organization?

Simplifies server access without password distribution.

What is most valuable?

Password management, as it is a core function; passwords are a frequent hacking point.

What needs improvement?

All products have room to improve. I would like to see support for many more systems, such as AS400.

Less than one year.

No issues with stability.

I have not had a chance to scale out.

My support has come from the sales engineering team, not the support team, and I would rate the support at nine out of 10.

For a production…
    Identity and Governance Access Lead
    The features related to application elevate is amazing.

• "The features related to application elevate is amazing. It helped the company to remove almost all admin local users."
    • "Reports to the end user."

it_user599004
    Sr Platform Engineer at a construction company with 10,001+ employees
    Elevation rules reduce the number of users in administrator groups.

What other advice do I have?

Make use of Polmon and Beyondtrust reporting console to create the elevation rules.
    Information Security & PreSales Officer at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
    It allows implementing a strong workflow in the organization for accessing the most valued resources.

What other advice do I have?

Security, as always, should be taken care of in a layered approach. BeyondTrust products take care of the containment of the breach with its PAM suite of solutions, as well as reducing the attack surface with its Vulnerability Management products. Together, they present a very strong, in-depth defense approach for customers. It's not an endpoint protection product, though they have their endpoint agents, which could be installed on the workstations. It has to be implemented in conjunction with other security solutions such as endpoint protection and gateway security solutions such as email &amp…
    Download our free BeyondTrust Endpoint Privilege Management Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.