Cisco UCS Director Overview

Cisco UCS Director is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Cloud Management tools. It is most often compared to Cisco Intersight: Cisco UCS Director vs Cisco Intersight

What is Cisco UCS Director?

Cisco UCS Director enables automated delivery of physical and virtual data center resources, empowering data centers to move at the speed of business.

Download the Cloud Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: July 2021

Cisco UCS Director Customers

Entel, Data#3, Cegal, NESIC, LightEdge

Cisco UCS Director Video

SunnyNair
System Architect at COMPASS IT Solutions & Services Pvt.Ltd.
Good multi-cloud management capability, but third-party and legacy integration needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is the interconnection between two applications. One that resides on the data center and the other that resides in the architecture. It's a scale-out architecture and a hybrid setup. In case there are any workloads, it works on either public or private cloud architecture.

• "I can manage multiple workloads whether it's on AWS, Azure, or on-premises. They can be managed by using the UCS Director."
  • "Normally, UCS Director is used primarily for orchestration, but when we look at a non-Cisco data infrastructure components, the UCS Director needs a bit more improvement in terms of integration with third-party systems and with existing older systems."

What other advice do I have?

My advice is to look at the features that you are looking for. If you are looking for central management and a self-service catalog, and are predominantly in a mix of the cloud as well as on-premises architecture, then you should look at UCS Director as a solution. There are some advantages offered, such as: * Adaptive provisioning, which ensures real-time availability, capacity planning, and internal policy. * Dynamic capacity management, which provides continuous monitoring of the infrastructure and resources. * Multiple hypervisor support, which is very important. * Computing management…
MA
System Manager at Imam University
A user-friendly and easy-to-use solution to improve network performance and security

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution to generate workflows. It is deployed in our private cloud environment.

• "This is a user-friendly solution that is very good and easy to use."
  • "I would like to see more integration with other solutions."

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend for others. The biggest lesson that I have learned from this solution is that you have to have patience at the beginning. You cannot rush it. This is a good product, but improvements never end. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Cisco, VMware, Red Hat and others in Cloud Management. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.
EN
Associate Director, Technology Architecture at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Good fabric sharing and security, but needs integration with other hardware vendors

What is our primary use case?

I was responsible for fixing this solution in my company. My role was designing the zones.

• "The most valuable feature of this solution is the fabric sharing."
  • "We cannot depend on this solution to manage all of the data center's infrastructure."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody considering this solution is to first have the vision to convert all of your x86 data center hardware to UCS. Do not add it for a specific use case, such as a cloud manager. Cisco recommends this solution for cloud management, but it should not be done unless you plan to replace all of your hardware with Cisco. This is a good solution, but I would like to see integration with other hardware vendors. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Hicham Azarou
Virtualization Consultant at SFR
Flexible and the documentation is good, but better integration with other stacks is needed

What is our primary use case?

The typical use case is for web services. It is integrated with our database.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to first consider and understand the use case. Think about your high-level design, the business requirements, how scalable and how flexible it has to be, and what your own availability is. Overall, I think that this is a very good product, although nothing is perfect. There are still some small improvements that can be made to make it better. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
DA
Implementation and Support Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Integrates well, stable, and responsive technical support

What is our primary use case?

The main use for this solution is for orchestration.

What is most valuable?

The main feature of this solution is the integration with all the Cisco solutions and other vendors.

What needs improvement?

There could be an improvement with the integration with the newest solutions from other vendors' technologies.

I have been using this solution for three years.

The stability has been good.

The solution is scalable.

The technical support has been very good and responsive.

The installation was straightforward.

What