ConnectWise Manage Overview

ConnectWise Manage is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Business Management Software. It is most often compared to Datto Autotask Professional Services Automation: ConnectWise Manage vs Datto Autotask Professional Services Automation

What is ConnectWise Manage?

Made for companies that sell, service, and support technology, ConnectWise Manage is the leading business management platform worldwide. Today, more than 110,000 users rely on ConnectWise Manage to achieve greater accountability, operational efficiency, and profitability. Leveraging the cloud, the platform fully integrates business-process automation, help desk and customer service, sales, marketing, project management, and business analytics that dramatically streamline a company's operations.

ConnectWise Manage is the hub of the ConnectWise suite of products, a set of solutions for technology solution providers that gives an end-to-end view and total control over their business.

ConnectWise Manage also gives its users access to a powerful network of ideas, experts, and solutions. A veteran in the technology services industry, ConnectWise Manage has been the premier business management platform for technology companies for more than 15 years.

Download the Help Desk Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

ConnectWise Manage Customers

IT Connexx, High Standards Technology Inc, Solvere One, MyIT, ConnectWise, Simpatico Systems, Fred IT Group, ECS, OneStop, K2 Technologies, Clark Integrated Technologies, Jmark, Geek on Wheels

ConnectWise Manage Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ConnectWise Manage pricing:
  • "The cost can be the main barrier. It's not a solution for a three person company. It just isn't going to be cost effective. Because ConnectWise Manage does have everything there, the licensing is a little bit restrictive as far as how they want to granularly assign licenses rather than having more of an all-inclusive package."
  • "There are some different add-ons and benefits that are optional and come at an additional cost."

Chris Walters
Voip Network Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Has mass move and mass edit functions, and a refinable search function

What is our primary use case?

It's our daily ticketing board. That's where we keep all of our companies with all of their configurations. We handle ticket dispatch through there, meeting scheduling, all of our triage boards, and so on. So, incoming tickets to our help desk all go there. All of our projects are managed through there, along with our quoting opportunities, our product catalog, and our agreements with all of our clients. Pretty much our whole company runs through ConnectWise Manage.

• "I like the search function up top where if you know what you're searching for, you can find it pretty quickly. Because you've got the option to change what the search parameters are, whether you're searching for a project, quote, ticket, or an invoice, you can kind of pick and choose what you're looking for."
  • "If you've got 40 tickets that come in, that get generated, that don't get properly tagged with the company, you can't just check them all and reassign them to another company. You have to individually reassign each one of those tickets to a new company."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure that it provides everything that you need. I think it probably does everything that you need it to do if you're willing to go through the work to configure it properly. I think ConnectWise is a great solution. However, I believe it's going to start losing market share based on its somewhat restrictive licensing practice. I would say that it's similar to a Cisco or an Avaya phone system, where you're going to get the best, probably one of the best things out there on the market, but you're also going to pay the highest dollar for it. Also, you're not necessarily going to have the best…
Mitchell Fitzpatrick
Junior Engineer at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Leaderboard
Good automation and integrates with other systems, but the interface is a bit complicated

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for several use cases. For example, it is used for our entire procurement area and ordering all of our stock on hand. It is used for ordering smartphones and smart devices. We also use it for managed services because we provide IT services to clients. It receives and manages bulk tickets from a variety of different clients. Essentially, it is our ticketing and CRM system.

• "The most valuable feature is the management of projects from start to finish."
  • "It needs to be easier to share tickets between users who need to work together."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution or another CRM is to migrate slowly and bring across departments one at a time. Definitely map out the entire migration to make sure that everything is aligned correctly. Otherwise, you'll run into issues. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about ConnectWise, ServiceNow, Samanage and others in Help Desk Software. Updated: June 2021.
512,221 professionals have used our research since 2012.
BP
Network Administrator at a computer software company with 11-50 employees
MSP
Stable, integrates well with other products, and does everything that we want it to do

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is for straightforward ticketing.

• "It handles ticketing pretty well, and it's not something I have many critiques for."
  • "Sometimes it is a little bit slow, which is the only complaint I have about it."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is considering this product is that it works well if you're using all of the ConnectWise tools. I imagine that if you weren't, it wouldn't be as good. We use ConnectWise Automate, as well as Manage and some other ones, and it seems to work well with their suite. At the moment, it seems to do everything that we want it to do. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.