Delphix OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Delphix is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Test Data Management tools. It is most often compared to Actifio: Delphix vs Actifio

What is Delphix?

Delphix enables IT organizations to support upscaling their development processes and shortening development cycles by providing self-service to production-like data using automated masking of personal information. The Delphix Dynamic Platform enables IT Operators to move, manage, and secure enterprise data on-premise, in a cloud, or both. Developers, testers, and data analysts get production-quality data within minutes and have control over bookmarking, versioning, refreshing, restoring, branching, and sharing their virtualized data. With easy access to virtualized data, enterprises can accelerate time-to-innovation while reducing storage costs and data risk.

With the Delphix Dynamic Data Platform, your data is:

• Fast: Provision data securely and in the required environments in minutes instead of hours, days, or months to enable IT transformation.

• Secure: Protect sensitive data in adherence with security policies and ensure regulatory compliance.

• Everywhere: Move and manage data from any environment – on-premises, cloud, or in hybrid environments – and seamlessly provision data where required.

The Delphix Dynamic Data Platform provides a collaborative platform for IT Operators and data consumers, ensuring that sensitive data is secured and that the right data is made available to the right people, when and where they need it. For more information visit www.delphix.com

Download the Test Data Management Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Delphix Customers

Alberta Blue Cross, Fastweb, SABMiller, California Insurance Guarantee Association (CIGA), Molina Healthcare, AT&T, Nike, Facebook, eBay, Comcast, IBM, HP, Intel, Avaya, BNP Paribas, P&B, Toyota, Walmart, Best Western, Directv, JPMorganChase, Verizon, Bank of the West, Fannie Mae

Delphix Video

RIDWAAN Kaka
Database and Applications manager at AfroCentric Health
Provides a huge reduction in storage requirements; ability to create environments from snapshots

What is our primary use case?

My team manages Delphix on site. We are customers and resellers of Delphix.

• "The most valuable feature is VDB provisioning."
  • "Could be improved with richer reporting capabilities."

What other advice do I have?

I haven't been exposed to anything else out there that's similar, but from the reading that I've done it seems that a lot of people have found Delphix offers quite a bit. At the end of the day, I think it's awesome technology. We have people managing it now that are not even experienced or certified for Oracle resources. It's quite an easy technology to implement and then maintain, and using it is also quite easy. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
MM
Quality Assurance Engineer at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Leaderboard
Fast response time and the interface is very user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case of this solution is to test virtual databases. We copy data from live databases, encode them, test them and then transform them with CA virtual case databases.

What is most valuable?

Delphix interfaces are simple to use and very user friendly. The response time is also fast and copying takes about five minutes.

What needs improvement?

Delphix is a strong solution for virtualization, but it's not strong enough for creating data, so we have to use another solution for creating new data.

I've been using Delphix for about two months now on premises.

The solution is very, very stable.

Find out what your peers are saying about Delphix, Google, IBM and others in Test Data Management. Updated: August 2021.
534,057 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Rahim Cetinel
Senior Solution Architect at Accurasas
Data being available anytime is a life changer

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is for Test Data Management. Providing high-quality Production like data to all environments.

• "Data being available anytime is a life changer."
  • "GUI could be improved."
HH
Database Administrator at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
Easy to set up and supports creating virtual databases

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is cloning databases. We can complete this process in minutes.

• "The most valuable feature is creating virtual databases."
  • "This product should be extended and made to be a more comprehensive storage solution."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, this is a good product and I can recommend it, but there is always room for improvement. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
Download our free Test Data Management Report and find out what your peers are saying about Delphix, Google, IBM, and more!