Entrinsik Informer Overview

What is Entrinsik Informer?

Founded in 1984, Entrinsik is an established, global software company based in Raleigh, North Carolina. Entrinsik Informer 5 is a robust, extensible data discovery and analytics platform that simplifies the process of accessing, cleansing, blending, and analyzing on-prem and cloud data. Aggregate disparate data using a single web-based platform to create a cohesive, curated, governed data hub for self-service data analysis. Explore, visualize and analyze relevant data on the fly. Securely publish Reports and collaborate with colleagues. Generate Dashboards that consolidate critical performance metrics.

Contact us at informersales@entrinsik.com, 888-703-0016 for to schedule a one-on-one conversation or demo.

Download the Business Intelligence (BI) Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Entrinsik Informer Customers

Elon University, North Carolina Community College System, American University, American Museum of Natural History, New York Botanical Gardens, BP North America, Campbell University, Carnegie Museum of Pittsburgh, Linux Foundation, Julliard, Lake County Sheriff's Office, Raleigh Police Department, Loyola University, R & R Insurance, Schoolcraft College, Texas A&M, Two Rivers Insurance Company, University of Alabama, Advanced Medial Transport, Texas Title

Entrinsik Informer Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Systems Analyst / Data Architect at a university with 51-200 employees
Informer empowers end-users with the tools to retrieve their data quickly and efficiently

What other advice do I have?

We use informer constantly. It is integral, it is vital, it is invaluable. We quite simply could not continue without this tool. It is the workhorse behind so much of what drives our institution operationally and in terms of integrations.
Co-Founder at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A workhorse for reporting that is intuitive and user friendly.

What other advice do I have?

Entrinsik Informer is a great solution. As an end user and heavy report writer I find it useful and intuitive. Compared to other solutions I have used in the past, I find Informer to be the best. I couldn't imagine doing my work without this great tool!
Find out what your peers are saying about Entrinsik, Tableau, Microsoft and others in Business Intelligence (BI) Tools. Updated: May 2021.
502,104 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Business & Applications Analyst with 51-200 employees
Super reporting tool in interfacing with Community Colleges.

What other advice do I have?

I have use the software for 2 years and enjoy the versatility and ease. I work for the Community College Systems office and can not comment and a couple of your questions but in my years of IT experience this product (in my opinion) rates high.
Programmer Analyst at a manufacturing company with 501-1,000 employees
Great Tool for a busy IT department, easy to use and implement.
Institutional Research Specialist with 501-1,000 employees
Very User Friendly

What other advice do I have?

Get it - you won't be disappointed!
Sr. Donor Data Analyst at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Great Product. I have so much more to learn.

What is most valuable?

Mappings/Mapped Files.  Scheduling.  Saving Reports.  Quick launch is great.  Live Excel Reporting is great.

How has it helped my organization?

Allows me to schedule and share reports. Quick launch is great. Easy to share reports with campus partners. Live Excel has really benefited me by saving time.

What needs improvement?

More tutorials and free training. There is a lot to learn and having short cut learning tools would be great.

Six years

Larger reports can hang up, but not sure if that is an Informer issue.

Used Query Builder in…
Database Administrator at a university with 51-200 employees
Informer is easy to setup, easy to use, and our users love it.

What other advice do I have?

It is well worth your time to install the software and "kick the tires". Entrinsik has a free trial of the software and it is easy to install and get started writing reports.
Developer with 51-200 employees
Very user friendly

What other advice do I have?

Overall, we are very pleased with our decision to purchase and use Entrinsik's Informer.
Consultant at a university with 51-200 employees
Provides users with a uniform interface even when data sources are from different systems

What other advice do I have?

I would like to have a report version tool - to log what reports are run and by who. This wou;d be helpful.
Senior Developer at a university with 51-200 employees
Empower the end user

What is most valuable?

The ability to let the end users get data and to customize reports.

How has it helped my organization?

Informer allowed the IT department to focus on other systems instead of retrieving the data.

What needs improvement?

The big issue for us is that there is no way to cancel a report from the browser. If an end user creates an incorrect report and runs it, they have to contact the IT department to kill that SQL thread/process.

2 years

None.

Customer Service: Very good customer…
Director of Information Technology at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Excellent, user friendly reporting tool

What is most valuable?

The user friendly aspect of the interface and flexibility of usage. Security is robust but simple to implement.

How has it helped my organization?

Now we have users who can edit and create their own reports. We can automate reporting, including emailing reports.

What needs improvement?

More integration with MS Office, better description of the fields and where and how they are used.

4 years

None

None

Not so far

Customer Service: Excellent Technical Support: Excellent

Which solution did I

Programmer Analyst with 501-1,000 employees
Great reporting tool.

What other advice do I have?

Like I said in my previous comment, accessing fields using third links between files.
HRIS Analyst at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Great for auditing purposes

What other advice do I have?

It's been a good experience so far. I'm looking to learning about more functionality that we haven't really tapped into such as dashboards.
Associate Vice President at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Provides the much requested AdHoc reporting from end-users

What other advice do I have?

We have signed a contract with Workday and will be moving off the Colleague product over the next 3-4 years. Get in with Workday as an alternative reporting tool. It would make the transition a much smoother one for our end-users.
Financial Analyst at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Gives live feed for reporting, data is more accurate, once main report is written it can be used in various ways.
Systems Analyst at a university with 501-1,000 employees
Easy access to all of my data

What other advice do I have?

In my experience Informer is a powerful tool that can be used in a variety of ways to allow end users to get easy access to their data.