HPE Integrity OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

HPE Integrity is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Blade Servers. It is most often compared to Super Micro SuperBlade: HPE Integrity vs Super Micro SuperBlade

What is HPE Integrity?
HP Integrity solutions provide an unparalleled portfolio of resilient systems for mission-critical environments. When availability matters, the new HP Integrity NonStop X enables you to stay ahead of your competition by mitigating the risk of downtime and effortlessly meeting your business processing, OLTP, and database requirements all with an industry-standard x86 architecture.

HPE Integrity is also known as HP Integrity Superdome , HP Integrity, SGI Altix.

Download the Blade Servers Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

HPE Integrity Customers
Home Credit Bank
HPE Integrity Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Solution Sales Manager SAP with 1,001-5,000 employees
The stability is much more than the industry standard servers because of the higher availability that has been designed into it

What is our primary use case?

We use it as a database server for SAP systems, and it is performing very well.

What other advice do I have?

Migrating away from Unix is driven by SAP themselves, because they are moving towards HANA, and HANA only runs on Linux. If you are looking for this type of solution, evaluate all options, including growth, then choose the right systems for your company. Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: * The stability of the vendor * Their investment in future technologies * Their reliability.
it_user324381
Consultant System Engineer with 501-1,000 employees
Backline engineers are able to figure out 90% of the issues through logs.

What is most valuable?

HP-UX stability Platform support

How has it helped my organization?

It used to be the finest for running Oracle – now mostly serve middle tier.

What needs improvement?

Intel should announce the product roadmap or HPE should announce HP-UX for Intel X86_64 (HP-UX for Superdome X).

Since 2007.

Integrity blades have very complex hardware diagnostics when compared with non-converged Integrity platforms. Blade system backplane is SPOF.

Not as such.

An eight out of 10. Backline engineers are able to figure out 90% of the issues through logs.

Which

Find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Super Micro, Lenovo and others in Blade Servers. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user485052
Senior Technology Architect at a tech company with 10,001+ employees
The most valuable features are price, reliability, and its ability to be repaired and/or debugged.​

What is most valuable?

I think the most valuable features that my management usually worries about are price, reliability, and its ability to be repaired and/or debugged.

What needs improvement?

We're moving away from Integrity as it's more pricey than the Intels.

The stability is pretty good.

It's scaling where we need to go.

Initial setup was relatively straightforward.
it_user567948
Enterprise Architect Infrastructure at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
We used it for single thread, high linear-demand applications.

What other advice do I have?

Don't do it. Go x86.
it_user469497
Regional Technology Manager at AMDOCS
Reliability and scalability were good when we started using it. It is old technology, so there is not much growth that we can do now.

What other advice do I have?

I doubt anyone would be using or looking at Superdome now, at this point, and they will look at something more scalable and advanced and so on. I'm not sure people really are this relevant to Superdome discussions.
it_user469722
Tech Support Manager at Trans Union de México S.A. SIC
A reliable server which we use for all of our production environments.

What other advice do I have?

We are very comfortable with it and confident with the service that we provide with Integrity. You need to work with a partner that knows the solutions deeply, in order to implement the services and the solution.
it_user471432
IT Services - Corporate Manager at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Our customers that require high availability are those that are running on the Superdome 2.

What other advice do I have?

I would say go for it. Superdome X, if it's as good as the one we've had with the Superdome on the Integrity line, if it took parts of it or if the hardware is similar, I would say go for it.
it_user471432
IT Services - Corporate Manager at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The added value of Integrity has always been the reliability of the processors and all the parts in the servers.
it_user362220
IT Architect at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
It allows us to sync between the different methods of banking -- mobile and internet systems -- that we run through data. It's quite expensive, so we're considering moving some services to Linux.

What is most valuable?

We need to be able to offer our customers continuous service 24/7. We also need to be able to sync between the different methods of banking -- mobile and internet systems -- that we run through data. We're able to do all this with Integrity.

What needs improvement?

It's quite expensive, so we're considering moving some services to Linux services.

It's for databases and transaction servers in our bank environment.

It's always stable. Our system has a lot of good resiliency, so we have a very good, very stable system with it. Stable. Of course. Always stable. We have a lot of good resiliency on our systems, so we have a very, very, good and stable system.

What

Master SAP Architect / SAP HANA Systems Engineer at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
It has high I/O throughput of both storage-layer and networking.

Valuable Features:

The RAS features at application, file, OS, hardware, and memory levels. High I/O throughput of both storage-layer and networking.

Use of Solution:

I assisted customers with deploying the solution since HP started selling Integrity systems.

Deployment Issues:

No issues encountered.

Stability Issues:

It's a highly stable environment. The NPAR and VPAR technology combined with HP-UX is a solid solution.

Scalability Issues:

It's got good scalability.

Initial Setup:

The Integrity series combined with the software layer presents an excellent Mission Critical landscape that brings simplicity in a complex landscape to the foreground.
it_user324381
Consultant System Engineer with 501-1,000 employees
Replacing PA-RISC with the IA CPU has helped the HPUX perform better. There is still a bias, however, of Oracle towards HP Integrity servers, an issue that should be addressed.

What other advice do I have?

The true benefit of this hardware platform comes with HPUX implementations.
it_user5067
Systems Analyst at a energy/utilities company with 501-1,000 employees
Versatility and redundancy are great. But requires manual work to manage resources
Product Categories
Blade Servers
Download our free Blade Servers Report and find out what your peers are saying about Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Super Micro, Lenovo, and more!