iboss Overview

iboss is the #9 ranked solution in our list of top Web Security Gateways. It is most often compared to Zscaler Internet Access: iboss vs Zscaler Internet Access

What is iboss?

The iboss Distributed Gateway Platform delivers web gateway as a service through its revolutionary architecture. Built for the cloud, iboss defends the modern, distributed organization more effectively and efficiently through a 100% subscription-based platform – eliminating expensive appliance purchases and providing financial predictability. The platform natively delivers consistent security policies to all users, locations, and devices, ensuring seamless protection across the organization. The iboss Distributed Gateway Platform also allows for drop-in replacement of existing legacy appliances without the need to rearchitect existing networks — creating a smooth transition to the cloud and providing immediate ROI.

iboss is also known as iBoss Cloud Platform.

Download the Secure Web Gateways Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

iboss Customers

Some of the world's largest financial services companies, REI, Urban Outfitters, Riverside Health Systems, Washington Redskins, Xerox, The Nutrasweet Company, Calimax, Chicago Public Schools,

iboss Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Pablo Mosqueira
CEO at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Our primary use case for this product is DLP. It is a solution that prevents advanced persistent threats, and has a zero tolerance for attacks.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case for this product is DLP, data loss protection for databases. We also have solutions for patch management from Ivanti.

• "Iboss is a solution that prevents advanced persistent threats, and has a zero tolerance for attacks."
  • "Our primary use case for this product is DLP,"
  • "Sometimes, obviously, there are bugs."
  • "Iboss is growing so fast that it is often hard for them to keep up with the challenges."
it_user865497
Director of Technology at a non-tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Because of the tool, I did not have to assign web filtering tasks to my techs on a daily basis

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use case is web filtering for K-12. We have approximately 1700 learners.

• "Granular setup, which was able to set different levels of filters using the OUs in the AD."
  • "Because of iboss, I did not have to assign web filtering tasks to my techs on a daily basis."
  • "SSL decryption: We had issues with learners using apps instead of using web browsers. This type of encryption is tough for any appliance in a BYOD environment."
Find out what your peers are saying about iboss, Zscaler, Cisco and others in Secure Web Gateways. Updated: May 2021.
511,521 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Ken Lachapelle
User at a educational organization with 501-1,000 employees
Within the filter, controls such as Web categories and applications simplify tasks

• "Valuable features: Within the filter: Controls (Web categories, applications, and Allow/Block list) and Network (local Subnets). Within the reporter: Logs (Event Log) and Reports."
  • "The area I would like to see improvement in is the ability with in the reporter to navigate directly to the content the user is traversing. It is kind of there, but it's not perfect. Quite frequently, I receive links that lead me to pages with error messages."
  • "To scale up, a new iboss Node Blade Chassis must be purchased."

What other advice do I have?

I rate it an eight out of 10. There could be a few changes, but it's a solid product. Look into the iboss Node Blade Chassis and not 14600. This product is solid, fairly easy to use, and reliable.
Download our free Secure Web Gateways Report and find out what your peers are saying about iboss, Zscaler, Cisco, and more!
Quick Links