Imperva Incapsula Overview

Imperva Incapsula is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top CDN tools. It is most often compared to Cloudflare: Imperva Incapsula vs Cloudflare

What is Imperva Incapsula?

Imperva Incapsula is a cloud-based application delivery service that protects websites and safeguards web applications and their data from attacks, and improves their performance by enhancing user experience. Incapsula includes a security platform with a web application firewall, DDoS mitigation, content delivery network, and global load balancer to maximize performance.

Imperva Incapsula is also known as Incapsula.

Imperva Incapsula Buyer's Guide

Download the Imperva Incapsula Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

Imperva Incapsula Customers

Hitachi, BNZ, Bitstamp, Moz, InnoGames, BTCChina, Wix, LivePerson, Zillow and more.

Imperva Incapsula Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Imperva Incapsula pricing:
  • "It is not expensive compared to the other similar solutions in this category."
  • "It is a very expensive solution. The price is very high. A lot of customers tell us that they would love to use Imperva more. I have some customers who have 50 websites, but they have only 10 websites on Imperva because of the price. They would love to have all their websites running through Imperva, but they can't. They have to choose the more critical websites to protect because the price is very high. It is a very good product, but it is too expensive. If you buy a plan for 20 megabytes and you don't consume all of your 20 megabytes, it is okay, but if you consume more, you are charged for the superior traffic."
  • "The cost is somewhere around $10,000 a site. For every site, you pay individually. For every DNS entry, you have you pay."
  • "The data packages are higher than our needs so we end up paying for data that we don't use."

MG
Application Security Engineer at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
There is not too much to know but that it is one of the best products of this type that you can get

What is our primary use case?

We are using it as an application-delivery platform for our entire organization.

• "There is no need to have an appliance in house for the services because it is on the cloud."
  • "Certificate management could be improved."
  • "The product could use a broader scope in the area of policies."

What other advice do I have?

I have some advice for people who are considering using Imperva. When onboarding an application, they need to be careful with their other infrastructure and systems. The concern is in part to make sure they do not have conflicts. There has to be proper authentication for authorization and the RSA (Rivest, Shamir, and Adelman, data security). During the execution of the task of onboarding, they need to be a little careful to make sure that is not creating an outage. So what I would recommend to anyone onboarding an application is that they need to go through the architecture of the application…
Manager - IT Security at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Reseller
Stops web attacks from denying services and endangering the security of sensitive data

What is our primary use case?

Incapsula was acquired by Imperva. We had a need to provide a solution for our clients and the Incapsula solution and Cloud WAF (Web Application Firewall) allowed us to have people subscribe to Incapsula as a service. It was easy to work with because we would just put in the hostname and the IP address of the websites in Incapsula's DNS. When the DNS is resolved it first passes through Incapsula and makes a stops in the Cloud WAF before it sends the website itself. Customers can trust it because the traffic going to the customer passes through Incapsula's cloud service. So if there is an… more »

• "It is an effective threat mitigation tool."
  • "The technical support is excellent."
  • "Imperva should have more points of presence in Africa."

What other advice do I have?

I am not an expert in every solution of this type, but I have a pretty good idea of what makes them work as a good solution based on customer needs. I do not do the implementation because I am more in a position of doing pre-sales and consultancy. I would highly recommend Imperva Incapsula especially for customers who want extra security for their web presence. On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the Incapsula product overall as a nine-out-of-ten.
Learn what your peers think about Imperva Incapsula. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: May 2021.
502,856 professionals have used our research since 2012.
CDN & Cybersecurity Engineer - Web performance & security at CDN Tech / Ecritel
A good solution that allows us to protect websites. It is stable, scalable, quick and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

We use it to protect websites against application threats and DDoS attacks. Because it is a cloud solution, we always have the last version. I don't need to update or upgrade. We are a partner of Imperva. Imperva doesn't sell directly to customers, so they have to pass through vendors and partners like us. All of my customers have different levels of services with Imperva.

• "Its unique interface for managing security performance and ease of use are the most valuable features of this solution."
  • "The weakest point of Imperva is their first level of support, which should be improved. They should also improve the access and security logs viewing directly on the portal. I would like to see better access and security logs through the portal and not only through a SIM solution. Currently, if you want to explore your access and security logs from Imperva, you need a SIM tool or a SIM infrastructure on your side to do it. You can't do it manually or directly through the portal, which is a big problem for us. I had a call yesterday with Imperva for the roadmap, and I just told them this. They agreed that this is an improvement point from their side."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend this solution because I have also used different WAF and DDoS solutions. For me, it is the best solution available. It is quite simple to do the configuration. You can do whatever you want. If you know the product, you can do fine-tuning and have the configuration that you need. You need the knowledge to do this, but you can do this, and it works. Even though it is a high-cost solution, it is easy for me to sell it to customers because I know it will work. I get a little bit stressed about some of the other solutions because I don't trust those solutions like I trust Imperva…
Senior Systems Engineer - Channel Manager at Exclusive GRP
Reseller
A solution that's easy to implement, but doesn't offer local support

What is our primary use case?

The solution increases the amount of protection for a client's products and solutions in their country.

• "They're quite easy to install and quite easy to set up. Clients really like that. Especially when you're dealing with the cloud, it's really easy."
  • "We would like them to hire people in Sweden because it's quite hard when people are sitting in the UK or Belgium because some of the customers really want them to be local."

What other advice do I have?

I'm a distributor for this product. With the ease of implementation, I think is a good product. A lot of the other products need a lot of professional services to make it work. With this solution, it's very, very easy to implement, which is a strong selling point. They also have a good range of products that they sell. I would rate the solution seven out of ten. It's more than one issue that has me rating it at seven. It's quite a big solution, so it's hard to get a smaller company to buy it. They don't have people in Sweden either. That's really important for us, because it's harder for…
AP
Solutions Architect at a financial services firm with 201-500 employees
Easy to configure, simple to set up, and quite stable

What is our primary use case?

We are using the solution as a WAF. Beyond that, I can't divulge too much information about the details surrounding how we use the solution as part of a confidentiality agreement we're under with clients.

• "The solution's most valuable aspect is that it is easy to configure."
  • "The log analytics interface within Incapsula isn't really good. For example, if you have to get all logs from there, it's a very cumbersome process."

What other advice do I have?

We're simply a customer. We don't have a business relationship with the company at this time. We use the product ourselves. We aren't resellers or integrators. I'd advise other companies, based on the scale of the organization and complexity, that if one has to choose a product, a company cannot choose a product from someone else's say so. It would depend on how complex their network design is. If it's fairly simple, then there's only one thing they need there. Multiple layers mean that this solution may not be the right product. A company has to do the research to find out if there are other…
FS
Vice President, Global IT Security at a insurance company with 5,001-10,000 employees
Scalable, with good protection on offer and stable performance

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for all our corporate websites for port 80 and 443 redirect and protecting all the web pages that we have in our environment.

• "The solution is very good at intercepting traffic before it gets to our data centers."
  • "The salespeople tend to exaggerate its capabilities, which can cost you money if you don't verify the information."

What other advice do I have?

We are just customers and end users. We're using the WAF. It's the web-based version. Whatever's the current and newest version is what we're using. I'd advise potential new users to not believe salespeople. That's kind of a standard thing across the industry, however, we were told one thing at the sales side, and then, after we purchased, it was not true what they said. That's extremely disappointing as it actually costs us tens of thousands of dollars more due to the fact that what they said could happen, how their licensing model works, doesn't work the way the sales guy said. That's a…
Technical Sales Director at Revere Technologies
Reseller
Protects your network environment from threats and defends your infrastructure from malicious behaviors

What is our primary use case?

The primary use is the protection of our environment and client environments from intrusion and malicious attacks.

• "This product is a reliable defense from malicious attacks on a network environment."
  • "Analytics in the area of risk need to be improved to supply more information to the users for creating better environments."

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate the Incapsula platform as somewhere between an eight to nine. The obvious fault is the lack of better reporting. However, it is a good, functional product and we recommend it to clients who will not have to do very much to maintain the product.
MS
Director Of Hosting Services at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Reseller
Offers good protection for our customer's and the interface is user-friendly

What is our primary use case?

We mainly use this solution as a web application firewall. We have CMS systems in our portfolio, which our customers use, and the full information portraits are running on our infrastructure and in our CMS product. We, therefore, use this solution mainly for protection and to improve performance.

• "I like the user-friendly interface."

What other advice do I have?

Because we are resellers, we prefer that our customers use it. But even if I wasn't a reseller, I would still recommend it. I love the solution's capabilities and the ease of the installation. In the future, I would like to see better pricing. E.x. the additional bandwidth packages are higher than our needs so we end up paying for data that we don't use. I want them to provide me with the particular quantity of megabytes I need. I don't want to pay extra money for megabytes that I will not use in the future. I rate this program nine out of ten.
    See 5 more Imperva Incapsula Reviews
    Download our free Imperva Incapsula Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.