Malwarebytes Reviews

industry
rating
IT Compliance Consultant at a tech company
Mar 21 2019

What is most valuable?

We haven't had any problems with threats. The product is good at keeping threats out.

How has it helped my organization?

We don't have to spend any time remediating bad things happening: Not viruses nor ransomware. We are not spending time fixing anything, so worker productivity is enhanced.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it protect itself a little better from other people's updates. Every once in a while, the product gets clobbered. It's not just one thing. So, it could… more»

Yearly, it is around $50 per client.

I did not use a previous solution. I have been using this solution for quite awhile.

What other advice do I have?

This is a good solution.

I am also using Kaspersky for endpoint antivirus protection.
Principal Cybersecuirty Analyst at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 27 2019

What is most valuable?

It comprehensively finds and removes malicious software.

How has it helped my organization?

It prevents us from having to re-image computers if they are found to be harboring malware. We have also seen a measurable decrease in the mean time to detect and respond to threats, by a few hours. Finally, it has helped with staff productivity by about five percent.

What needs improvement?

There is room for improvement in the way it is deployed, in terms of being able to distribute it. Right now we have to get our hands on a machine to deploy it. It would be nice if there was an easier system.

What other advice do I have?

Trial it and see if it works in your enterprise and, if so, then acquire it. Having said that, I don't think it has had much impact on our security maturity. I would rate Malwarebytes at seven out of ten because it is effective but not always easy to deploy.
Find out what your peers are saying about Malwarebytes, Microsoft, Cylance and others in Endpoint Protection for Business. Updated: November 2019.
383,725 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Iker Alonso
Consultant at a tech services company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Mar 26 2019

What is most valuable?

* The power of the engine * The technical rate * The detection rate is great. * Staff can use it at different levels within the company.

How has it helped my organization?

It allows us to have better knowledge of the way people use the tool and how we can improve their workflows.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see integration with other vendors going forward. Contacting other teams for sending information to partner organizations could be improved.

What other advice do I have?

Try it. You will love it because it does what it advertises.

We had the biggest vendors on our shortlist. We chose this vendor because of the support and it clean user interface.
Senior System Engineer at a tech services company with 201-500 employees
Sep 25 2019

What is most valuable?

You can manage this solution remotely from the cloud.

How has it helped my organization?

We have seen a decrease of approximately ninety percent in the number of events.

What needs improvement?

If everything were on the cloud then it would be nice. The company and the enterprise are in the cloud now, so we can manage security through there, and then try to put another layer of security in place. The product update capability needs… more»

We expect to pay $1,000 USD a month, depending on the number of users.

Before choosing this solution we considered solutions from Microsoft.
Don McDaniel
Network Administrator with 51-200 employees
Nov 11 2019

What do you think of Malwarebytes?

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for Endpoint Security on sixty-seven workstations.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution helps us by providing central management of anti-malware and anti-exploit functionality. The addition of anti-ransomware was buggy when first deployed but now works well.

What is most valuable?

The anti-exploit is very good at intercepting Office application exploits.

What needs improvement?

This solution reports far too many false positives!

Four years.

Emily Siciensky
User
Jun 30 2019

What do you think of Malwarebytes?

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for the detection and elimination of malware.

How has it helped my organization?

Not sure it has improved, but malware is on the decline.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is its ability to customize for different groups.

What needs improvement?

We experience a lot of false positives. I would be helpful to have more built-in exclusions.

Five months.
Henry Danielson
Director of Tech at a non-tech company with 201-500 employees
Mar 28 2019

What do you think of Malwarebytes?

What is our primary use case?

We use it to protect the organization's cybersecurity posture.

How has it helped my organization?

It gets the job done, and they are consistently updating it monthly.

What needs improvement?

They should make it faster, less taxing on the processor.

It is the best solution out there currently.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate the product as a nine out of ten.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Malwarebytes

383,725 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Malwarebytes Questions

What is Malwarebytes?

Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection is delivered via Malwarebytes cloud-based endpoint management platform, is an advanced threat prevention solution for endpoints that uses a layered approach with multiple detection techniques. Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection employs multiple techniques to identify and defend against attacks at all stages of the attack chain using a highly effective mix of signature-less and matching-technology layers working both pre- and post-execution. Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection leverages our Linking Engine technology to remove all traces of infections and related artifacts - not just the primary threat payload. Its Endpoint Protection technology reduces the vulnerability surface, making the endpoint more resilient.

Malwarebytes customers

Knutson Construction

BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Endpoint Protection for Business Report and find out what your peers are saying about Malwarebytes, Microsoft, Cylance, and more!