McAfee MVISION Cloud Overview

McAfee MVISION Cloud is the #5 ranked solution in our list of CASB solutions. It is most often compared to Netskope CASB: McAfee MVISION Cloud vs Netskope CASB

What is McAfee MVISION Cloud?

Skyhigh is the leading cloud access security broker (CASB) trusted by over 500 enterprises to securely enable over 16,000 cloud services, including shadow IT and sanctioned IT.

With Skyhigh, organizations leverage a single cross-cloud platform to gain visibility into cloud usage and risks, meet compliance requirements, enforce security policies, and detect and respond to potential threats.

McAfee MVISION Cloud is also known as Skyhigh, MVision, MVISION Cloud, McAfee Skyhigh Security Cloud, Skyhigh Security Cloud.

Download the Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

McAfee MVISION Cloud Customers

Prudential.

McAfee MVISION Cloud Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about McAfee MVISION Cloud pricing:
  • "The licensing fees are based on what environments you are monitoring."
  • "This is an expensive product, although it is made for larger enterprises and not for small organizations."
  • "This is an expensive product, but you have to compare that with other solutions that are on the market."
  • "The price of the solution is good and we pay an annual license."

DS
Director, GRC Applications and Systems Delivery at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
A SaaS-friendly tool that integrates well with DLP but better integration with on-premise tools is needed

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as a CASB, a Cloud Access Security Broker, to gain insight into our cloud environment. We integrate this solution for our clients as a companion service to our main cloud product.

• "It gives us visibility into how the data is being used within our cloud environment."
  • "The biggest challenge we have with McAfee is their cross-cloud support."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anyone who is implementing this solution is to know what roles you will need to grant access to and have your roles predefined. This solution has good coverage and good integration with other McAfee products. I am not giving it a perfect score because of the uneven coverage for other platforms. They tend to lag in terms of support for new platforms and new tools that come out on the cloud. I would rate this product a seven out of ten.
HQ
Senior IT Consultant at Yusen Logistics
Stable, easy to set up, and has the capability to scale as necessary

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for security purposes. We specifically use it for endpoint protection.

• "The product has a very high rating from reviewers. It's a well-respected product."
  • "There isn't really any aspect that is lacking."

What other advice do I have?

We are just a customer and an end-user. We do not have a business relationship with McAfee. We really like the company, however, and have used them for a long time. We've used them on-premises and recently moved to the cloud. Next year, we are preparing to use a new feature of McAfee - an EDR feature. Overall, we have been extremely satisfied with this solution. I'd give it five stars. On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate the solution at a ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about McAfee, Netskope, Microsoft and others in Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). Updated: May 2021.
479,763 professionals have used our research since 2012.
HK
Lead - Information Security at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Good support, with many options for deployment model and scalability

What is our primary use case?

My experience with this product is from an evaluation standpoint. Since everybody is adopting cloud technologies such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS, they want to ensure that their data is secure. This product can be used to help people access our cloud applications securely, control users, and manage data movement over the cloud with respect to our data classification policies. We have conducted a PoC but have not used it in our production environment.

• "The other products that I have evaluated do not have the scalability options that McAfee has."
  • "It needs to be more user-friendly, as it is a little bit complicated to use."

What other advice do I have?

This is a product that I recommend. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
JM
Data Centric Security Expert, Strategic DCAP Business Enabler at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Good support, and the strategy works well to protect our data

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for enterprise cloud security. My role is in strategy and security.

• "The support is excellent."

What other advice do I have?

Personally, I have always found that McAfee has good products. This is a product that I recommend. My advice is to compare this product against other solutions to ensure that you receive the features that you want. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
    IT Project Manager Individual Contributor at infolog
    Reliable, good pricing, but complicated installation

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution for endpoint security.

• "I found the solution to be stable."
    • "The solution is hard to configure, our team does not have specific training requirements for McAfee making it difficult."

What other advice do I have?

I will recommend the solution to other users. However, I would suggest having a deployment team assisting with the installation. I rate McAfee MVISION Cloud a seven out of ten.