McAfee MVISION Cloud Overview

McAfee MVISION Cloud is the #5 ranked solution in our list of CASB solutions. It is most often compared to Netskope CASB: McAfee MVISION Cloud vs Netskope CASB

What is McAfee MVISION Cloud?

Skyhigh is the leading cloud access security broker (CASB) trusted by over 500 enterprises to securely enable over 16,000 cloud services, including shadow IT and sanctioned IT.

With Skyhigh, organizations leverage a single cross-cloud platform to gain visibility into cloud usage and risks, meet compliance requirements, enforce security policies, and detect and respond to potential threats.

McAfee MVISION Cloud is also known as Skyhigh, MVision, MVISION Cloud, McAfee Skyhigh Security Cloud, Skyhigh Security Cloud.

Download the Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: May 2021

McAfee MVISION Cloud Customers

Sony.
Bank of the West.
Prudential.

McAfee MVISION Cloud Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Deputy Specialist/Assistant Manager at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Prevents you from moving your data outside of the corporate system

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to prevent employees from extracting the data out of their corporate system and getting them outside through Gmail and things like that.

• "It also prevents you from writing data to your Gmail and does not allow you to move your data outside of the corporate system. That is the most important feature for me."
  • "I would like to see more power being given to the admin. In the sense that in case an employee is facing an issue and they want to configure a service, like attaching an email in Gmail, for example, they should be given the option to make the service request and get that configured on the go."

What other advice do I have?

I would advise someone considering this solution to configure it the way the OEM advises you. You should have a list of customization. I would rate it a seven and a half out of ten.
NK
Sr. Analyst Governance and Compliance at a aerospace/defense firm with 10,001+ employees
Cloud registry provides cloud services risk assessments, but at times the portal is slow

What is our primary use case?

We use it for cloud risk services.

• "There is [a feature] called cloud registry where we can see a risk assessment for the cloud services being used. If we want to add a new cloud service or a new cloud application, we can check into it and do an assessment through the cloud registry."
  • "The only thing we have faced is that sometimes, randomly, the portal becomes too slow."

What other advice do I have?

Do a PoC for a week or ten days. If you don't like it, go with another vendor. But I believe you will like it. It's not necessary to give access to everyone in the company to monitor their cloud usage. There are specific teams that use the platform for a specific purpose. They have improved a lot. Every month or every three months they are coming out with a new update. Whatever we have asked for recently, they have added it to their roadmap. Since McAfee acquired the SkyHigh applications, there will be a lot more features to come. We are expecting a lot of features to be onboarded to the…
Find out what your peers are saying about McAfee, Netskope, Microsoft and others in Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB). Updated: May 2021.
501,151 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Information Assurance Manager at a transportation company with 10,001+ employees
An innovative, dynamic tool which helps block high risk services

What is our primary use case?

We use it to discover, protect, and permit. Skyhigh for Shadow IT provides us visibility into the Shadow IT. It helps us in blocking high risk services and also in containing the data exfiltration to these high risk services.

How has it helped my organization?

It help us monitor high risk services, blocking them, and also feeding them to our egress points.

What is most valuable?

The risk management feature.

What needs improvement?

Integration with other technology ecosystems.

Three to five years.

Initially, there were stability issues, but now it is perfect.

No scalability issues.

How

Information Security Analyst at Kronos at a tech company with 5,001-10,000 employees
We have gained a deep insight into our Shadow IT usage

What is our primary use case?

We implemented Skyhigh for Shadow IT monitoring as well as Microsoft Office 365 real-time auditing. We monitor these on a daily basis and are currently in the process of implementing policies if certain activities are done by our end users.

• "The risk rating of each cloud application has been very useful. Whenever we discover a new application is use, we are able to quickly determine if this application is safe to use and whether or not we should allow our end users to be able to access it."
  • "We have gained a deep insight into our Shadow IT usage as well as the different activities involved in Office 365."
  • "Without Skyhigh, we had zero visibility, but now we are aware of so much more."
  • "Though the Skyhigh Dashboard is processing large amounts of data, the speed of the Dashboard could be improved."
  • "It would be nice to be able to get more advanced search functions to filter out data and quickly obtain the data that we need."
IT Security at a financial services firm with 5,001-10,000 employees
Provides categorization and rating of websites separate from what the web proxy places on the logs

What is our primary use case?

Insight into services being accessed and/or used in corporate environment. Additionally, Shadow IT as a whole and provides another set of eyes on web proxy logs.

How has it helped my organization?

It has allowed insight into gaps that may exist in current web proxy tool policies. Improves creation of security alerts on web proxy logs by having a separate system interpret said logs.

What is most valuable?

Skyhigh has given us categorization and rating of websites separate from what the web proxy places on the logs.

What needs improvement?

The tool could improve flexibility with the creation of reports/querying data. A better search capability, similar to a SIEM, would also allow deeper log analysis.

One…
IT Security Analyst at a tech services company
The user activity identification in my organization improved

What is most valuable?

User analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

The user activity identification improved.

What needs improvement?

The services take some time to load. It would be helpful if the loading time was reduced.

I have been using it for the past few months.

No issues.

I have not used the support as of now.

I was not a part of the initial setup.
User at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Provides full control of the infrastructure process, but needs to improve its support

What is our primary use case?

The user analytics Having a full idea about infrastructure

What is most valuable?

DLP rules.

How has it helped my organization?

Having full control of infrastructure.

What needs improvement?

Iteration process.

Two years.

Five out of 10.

The support team implemented the solution.

Not applicable.

What's my experience with pricing, setup cost, and

Supervisor, IT Security at a healthcare company with 10,001+ employees
It gives us visibility into our employees activities and access to cloud apps

What is our primary use case?

* Shadow IT monitoring * Sanctioned Cloud App Security

• "Shadow IT reporting capabilities."
  • "Support for securing more cloud apps."

What other advice do I have?

Make sure you plan your deployment carefully. Break the project into phases. This makes for more wins sooner, which you can report to your upper management. Develop a good rapport with the team who owns the cloud application, so you can get full cooperation from them.
INNOVATOR,ENGINEER,DREAMER! at a transportation company
For a reasonable price, it enforces data loss prevention

What is most valuable?

Prevents unauthorized data being shared from external sources. Enforces data loss prevention. DLP reporting and deep integration.

How has it helped my organization?

Malware and spam mails Attacks from hackers Data privacy

What needs improvement?

Detecting threats.

One year.

Customer Service: A 10 out of 10. Technical Support: A 10 out of 10.

The initial setup was straightforward. …
Student at Marri Educational Society's Marri Laxman Reddy Institute of Technology and Management
Provides a perfect level of customer service

What is most valuable?

Tokenization.

How has it helped my organization?

High-risk services.

What needs improvement?

De-tokenization.

One year.

Customer Service: A 10 out of 10. Technical Support: An eight out of 10.

We implemented in-house.
Information Security Lead Analyst at a healthcare company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We have been able to analyse our user activity, which has helped us to identify the associated risks

What is most valuable?

The user analytics.

How has it helped my organization?

We were able to analyse our user activity, which helped us to identify the associated risks.

What needs improvement?

Improve the user interface (UI) of the tool and make it user-friendly.

Three years.

Customer Service: A six out of 10. Technical Support: A seven out of 10.

I was not part of the setup.

What about the

Attended JNTUH College of Engineering Hyderabad
It makes our organization's work easier

What is most valuable?

Skyhigh Box

How has it helped my organization?

It makes our work easier.

What needs improvement?

Cloud computing.

Almost a year.

Customer Service: It is a nine out of 10. Technical Support: It is a nine out of 10.

The initial setup was straightforward.

Implemented in-house.

It is confidential.

What's my experience with

We utilize it to analyse our cloud traffic

What is most valuable?

Sanctioned IT.

How has it helped my organization?

To analyse cloud traffic.

What needs improvement?

Reports.

One year.

Customer Service: An eight out of 10. Technical Support: A seven out of 10.

Implemented through a vendor team. Their expertise was advanced.

Positive.

Go with the…
Information Security Analyst at a security firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
It has improve my organization through identification of user activity and login activity

What is most valuable?

Tokenization User analytics

How has it helped my organization?

Identification of user activity Login information

What needs improvement?

De-tokenization.

More than one year.

Not for now.

Customer Service: Good. Technical Support: Good.

Straightforward.

We used a vendor team.

I do not know.

What's my experience with

INNOVATOR,ENGINEER,DREAMER! at a transportation company
Initial setup is straightforward as their guidelines and instructions are very easy to follow

• "Box API features with DLP capabilities."
  • "SkyHigh has the ability to place users or groups on a ‘Watchlist’; which allows you to see certain views with these Watchlists users/groups in them. This is great when you are looking at live data but if I wanted to generate a report on "only" the watchlists."
Student at a security firm
The Shadow IT and Sanctioned IT are the most valuable features

What is most valuable?

Shadow IT Sanctioned IT

How has it helped my organization?

High-risk services

What needs improvement?

De-tokenization.

One year.

Customer Service: A six out of 10. Technical Support: A six out of 10.

Information Security Analyst at a tech services company
The anomalies are key players to identify the intruders in an organization

• "DLP policies and anomalies."
  • "The Skyhigh for Google Drive interface and policy engine is a bit confusing and limited when compared against other Google Drive CASB capabilities."

What other advice do I have?

Needs stability and additional new features.
IT Security Support Analyst with 5,001-10,000 employees
Provides quite a bit of visibility into cloud services being utilized in our environment

• "All the information available on each service, including its risk assessment."
  • "Iron out the few bugs that I've seen."
Security Analyst IV - Risk Management at a energy/utilities company with 1,001-5,000 employees
We are able to identify the high-risk websites and block them. I have encountered some stability issues.

What other advice do I have?

If possible, have them run a simulation in your live environment for 30 days and you will be impressed with the kind of data that is collected. I, personally, highly recommend this product.
Cyber Security Engineer at a recruiting/HR firm with 51-200 employees
We use the Box API access with DLP capabilities to see everything that occurs in Box.

System Developer Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
The UI is user-friendly. Some of the explanations it gave for risks were too vague to address.

What other advice do I have?

Use this product in conjunction with others. It has good coverage in terms of monitoring, but other commercial products were used to mitigate threats to the network.
Cyber Security Analyst at a tech services company
Skyhigh's shadow IT capability and cloud risk registry are the two most helpful tools for our organization.
Solutions Architect at Credocom A/S
Reports show cloud service usage on our network and give a risk assessment for each cloud service.

What other advice do I have?

Be prepared to involve management and your HR department. The data presented by Skyhigh, will most likely warrant change, both in terms of company culture, as well as adding restrictions to company policy. Once you have discussed policies and compliance, create some automation flows or workflows to ensure that all unwanted services or risk attributes are added to the block list on a regular basis.
Manager Infrastructure Security Engineering at a pharma/biotech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Once we identified high risk services, we worked with our users to migrate their data to IT sanctioned services, then blocked all high risk services.