Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Overview

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud is the #3 ranked solution of our top Performance Testing Tools. It's rated 4.1 out of 5 stars, and is most commonly compared to Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional: Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud vs Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional

What is Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud?

Micro Focus StormRunner Load is a simple, smart and scalable solution for Agile Cloud testing. It helps you to detect performance issues and ensure that your mobile and web apps are ready for the load. It provides an Intelligent and predictive analytics for fast problem detection and scale up to millions of user in minutes from different regions.

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud is also known as StormRunner Load, LoadRunner Cloud, Micro Focus StormRunner Load, HPE StormRunner Load.

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2020

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Customers

N Brown Group, aHOC

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Video

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Reviews

Aditya Kattamuri
Senior Performance Engineer at a retailer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 14, 2019
The best feature is that we don't have to build and maintain infrastructure anymore

• Keeping up with DevOps, thus the best feature of StormRunner is that we don't have to build and maintain infrastructure anymore.
  • There is a steep learning curve for the product, too.

What other advice do I have?

I like that StormRunner incorporates the idea of accepting and adapting all open sources. It is my understanding that they are planning to continue accepting, supporting, and adapting all open sources. For someone evaluating StormRunner and similar products, there are two parameters I would tell him to evaluate: * Is the application under test? Is it customer facing? * Is how often do you test it? Most important criteria when selecting a vendor: We are a retail business. The first thing I look for is any customer use case, or case study for the vendor. I look to see if they have proven that…
reviewer1397637
Vice President Derivatives Ops IT at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Nov 15, 2020
Offers good record and playback and endurance features

What is our primary use case?

It is all about load testing. We have to do a lot of load testing in our IT environment. In the investment banking space, you do a lot of end-to-end endurance testing, to see how to benchmark performance based on resources and the CPU memory. So, we will have to benchmark the performance based on trade volumes. Trade volumes are the basic KPI. Endurance testing needs to be done to see how many trades can be pumped in my environment. I do endurance testing.

• The record and playback feature is the most valuable feature. It's all driven by the script, so it's a script-based tool where the background tracing starts. Java's background process does a lot of tracing. The process starts in the background. It sees what peaks of volumes that the process can handle. It's easy to use because it's script based, record, and playback. I
  • I would like for there to be better integration with other tools so that when you do load testing you can also do a security check.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend LoadRunner. It is an industry-leading tool. You can benchmark the volumes on the dashboard and it is easy to use. I would definitely recommend it for investment banks and certain businesses like OTC derivatives. I would rate LoadRunner an eight out of ten. It has good documentation. The recording and playback scripts can be easily done. I would like for there to be better integration with other tools so that when you do load testing you can also do a security check.
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2020.
447,228 professionals have used our research since 2012.
ChowdhuryMahmud
Senior Performance Engineer at City of New York
Sep 21, 2020
Good load-testing capability can simulate hundreds of concurrent users, but the technical support should be better

What is our primary use case?

We use LoadRunner Cloud for functional testing, where we can log in online using the portal. Our primary use case is load testing, where we can simulate a scenario with more than 100 users accessing the system at the same time. This shows us things such as the performance of the system and how it reacts when multiple people are using it.

• The most valuable feature is that we do not have to accommodate the load-testing infrastructure in our own data center.
  • There are three modules in the system that are different products packaged into one, and they can sometimes be difficult to figure out, so they should be better integrated with each other.

Cost and Licensing Advice

• There is no monthly or yearly cost but rather, the fees are based on the amount of traffic that you use.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing LoadRunner Cloud is to make sure that when you buy the package, it is comprehensive. All of the modules should be there, including the support package. Otherwise, it will be hard to use. In summary, all of the features that we need are there and it does everything that it is supposed to it. That said, the integration of modules and support are still in need of improvement. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.
Chris Smith
IT Project Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
User
Jan 16, 2019
Enables us to check response times for applications from locations around the world

What is our primary use case?

We use it to get response times around the world for external applications. We use it on top of our own virtual users for remote site testing. We include it in our scenarios in our performance center and use the results in the LoadRunner analysis tool.

• The most valuable feature is having load generators in countries where we don’t have access to them.
  • An area for improvement is analytics on why response times are slow from certain countries.

Cost and Licensing Advice

• The pricing is very reasonable and the licensing is straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this solution a ten out of ten. It addresses a need in performance testing tools and is easy to purchase and use.
Joe Inba
Database Leader at Skupos Inc.
Apr 27, 2020
Straightforward to use and it creates a virtual infrastructure on-demand

What is our primary use case?

I have been using LoadRunner Cloud for performance testing.

• The most valuable feature is that you can create an infrastructure on-demand and do performance testing with it.
  • Improvements to the reporting would be good.

reviewer1405041
Technical Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Sep 10, 2020
Good integrations, good usability and good feature sets

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use this solution to deploy our apps to the server, for public use.

• The usability and ability to integrate with other solutions is quite good. When I use it in on Azure, then Red Hat is the most likely solution I use. When I use AWS, then I tend to use Lambda functions. In either case, it works well and you can use it either way.
  • I don't know of any features that should be added. The solution isn't lacking anything at this point.

What other advice do I have?

We're a customer. We don't have any business partnerships with the company. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten overall. The solution has been quite good and integrates well with other products. It has all of the features we need and isn't really lacking anything that we've noticed.