Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Overview

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud is the #3 ranked solution of our top Performance Testing Tools. It is rated 4.1 out of 5 stars, and is most often compared to Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional: Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud vs Micro Focus LoadRunner Professional

What is Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud?

Micro Focus StormRunner Load is a simple, smart and scalable solution for Agile Cloud testing. It helps you to detect performance issues and ensure that your mobile and web apps are ready for the load. It provides an Intelligent and predictive analytics for fast problem detection and scale up to millions of user in minutes from different regions.

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud is also known as StormRunner Load, LoadRunner Cloud, Micro Focus StormRunner Load, HPE StormRunner Load.

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Buyer's Guide

Download the Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2020

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Customers

N Brown Group, aHOC

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Video

Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

it_user368772
Technical Sales at a tech services company with 501-1,000 employees
Mar 28, 2018
It's fast, easy to use, has a user-friendly UI, and you can split users. It also works well with SiteScope and other HP products.

• "It's fast, easy to use, has a user-friendly UI, and you can split users."
  • "It doesn't provide custom reports. You can only use the default reports which contain irrelevant data or is missing data that we need."
it_user739599
Support director of academic systems
Sep 24, 2017
Helps validate the capacity of our systems as number of users increases

What is most valuable?

It's very valuable because with StormRunner we can validate the capacity of our systems. Specifically, we use it for one system that is from two years ago. We have an increment of the users, about 300% more, so we need to assure that the quality of the service keeps up with the users. StormRunner helps us to validate that.

What needs improvement?

Right now, we are just starting to use it. I don't have any comments on that.

Less than a year.

Yes, it's stable. We don't have any issue right now with the performance or anything like that.

It's very flexible. We can have load testing for 100 users, maybe…
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus LoadRunner Cloud. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: November 2020.
448,076 professionals have used our research since 2012.
it_user739593
Snr Performance engineer
Sep 19, 2017
Allows us to utilize cloud technology, saving time and money

• "This solution is SaaS based so we can utilize cloud technology, which is less time consuming and saves a lot of of money."
  • "Sometimes, you are utilizing one of the low generators, then all of a sudden if you discontinue from one project, it actually deletes the entire low generator."

What other advice do I have?

It's a new product and we are facing some issues. We believe, they are going to work out at their end. They are going make it work and fix everything, whatever the flaws are now. Overall, we are using this to save money and utilize the cloud technology.
it_user671397
Test manager at a financial services firm with 10,001+ employees
Jun 14, 2017
We can configure browser settings for different operating systems and on different versions without the need to install every version on each machine.

• "The most valuable feature is the ability to configure browser settings for different operating systems and on different versions without the need to install every single version on each machine and to manage them."
  • "I'd like to see more ability to dive more deeply into the configuration."
it_user567969
Test Architect at a engineering company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jan 1, 2017
It's easy to set up a load test, to start it and end it. It needs a lot more LoadRunner Analysis features.

What other advice do I have?

Wait with StormRunner.
it_user426591
Lead Performance Architect at a tech company with 1,001-5,000 employees
Nov 21, 2016
Scripts developed in JMeter can be uploaded instead of spending time creating new ones. It needs to be configured with SiteScope or AppDynamics.

What other advice do I have?

The end user needs to have strong skills in any of the load testing tools, specifically if they already have experience with LoadRunner.
it_user469167
Solution Architect at a tech company with 501-1,000 employees
Jul 12, 2016
We use it for spike testing before an application goes into production or before a big event.

What other advice do I have?

It really doesn't need to be as flexible as some other solutions because it's right out of the box, it's relatively easy to use. You open up, you create a test in ten minutes and then you're able to run it.
it_user468132
Consultant/Partner at a tech consulting company with 501-1,000 employees
Jun 30, 2016
Virtual user hours is much more dynamic than virtual user days or static licenses.

What other advice do I have?

For all the in house stuff where we run into firewalls, it just gets bad. For public websites, it's perfect. The flexibility makes it a viable solution.
it_user468114
Senior Performance Analyst at a K-12 educational company or school with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jun 24, 2016
The reason we chose it and the most valuable feature is the amount of virtual users we can run in a test.

What other advice do I have?

I don't like their reporting. Other than that, I think it's great. It does what it's supposed to do and I know it's just the beginning, so there's going to be a lot more features added. You should look into it. I know there are other solutions that have more bells whistles, but,when it actually comes down to function, I think StormRunner does the job.
it_user197508
Performance Test Architect and HP ALM Expert at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Mar 17, 2016
I have been able to run several tests from outside the corporate LAN which in the past used to be an infrastructure nightmare.

What other advice do I have?

I think that StormRunner Load is the way forward and if HPE manages to support all protocols currently supported by LoadRunner/Performance Center eventually in StormRunner, it would be a massive game changer.
it_user230619
Performance Architect at Gallop Solutions
Sep 30, 2015
Enables developers and testers to quickly automate the user actions at the browser level, which also helps measuring the end user experience by measuring the browser rendering times.

What other advice do I have?

HPStormRunner load is an apt product a) if your application stack has Web 2.0 traffic b) your requirement is for a service that allows for pay as you go model c) proven and reliable load testing solution with superior support. This review was co-authored by Sravanthi Naga & Ramanjaneyulu Narra, Performance Architects at Gallop Solutions. Gallop is a US based Co-located Independent Testing Services operating since 2003 with offices in Philadelphia & California. World's largest and leading organizations have relied on Gallop's specialist independent software testing services for more than a…
it_user273663
QA Load Tester with 1,001-5,000 employees
Jul 28, 2015
I was able to simulate a real scenario without using our regular tools, instead uploading scripts into the cloud which gave me unlimited resources.
it_user272247
Software Team Lead with 501-1,000 employees
Jul 14, 2015
The performance-evaluation feature helped us find a "missing" metric that affected our response time.

What other advice do I have?

It is very cost effective to start with a low number of virtual users for a short amount of time in order to verify that your company system is running properly. Start with a small load test, run it until completion, verify that you see the logs you intended to see, and all people involved in the environment are ready to see what they expected.
it_user251874
Jun 10, 2015
StormRunner is one of the fastest-growing cloud based performance testing tools for running high concurrency tests very quickly.

it_user240087
CEO and Co-Founder with 51-200 employees
May 20, 2015
We have managed to identify performance issues and when these issues are introduced.

Valuable Features

I can use it just as much as I need. It is quick and intuitive.

Improvements to My Organization

We are able to ensure very quickly and frequently that our product is ready for prime time. Using StormRunner, Codefresh has managed to identify performance issues and when these issues are introduced.

Room for Improvement

When you start a test, it takes times to initiate.

Use of Solution

We have been using the solution for 7 months.

No issues with deployment.

No issues with stability.

We never encountered issues with scalability.

Customer Service: Excellent customer service. Technical Support: Excellent technical support.

Very…
it_user54837
Sr. Director - Quality Assurance at a K-12 educational company or school with 501-1,000 employees
May 18, 2015
This software solution has allowed us to run larger, high concurrency performance testing cycles in a very repetitive manner.

What other advice do I have?

You need to effectively plan anticipated usage of the toolset. This will enable you to purchase the appropriate amount of Vusers hours for your contractual period (in our case this was 12 months).
it_user232248
Strategic Account Manager with 51-200 employees
Apr 30, 2015
Benefit of StormRunner as opposed to other cloud-based Load testing tools is the ease of scripting. End users should understand this impact.

What other advice do I have?

Customers should understand the amount of time it takes to build a script - benefit of StormRunner as opposed to other cloud based Load testing tools is the ease of scripting. End users should understand the impact of the time it takes to build scripts. If StormRunner can save you 50% of your scripting, you need to understand how that translates into value. Expertise of StormRunner and LoadRunner includes these elements.
it_user232020
Senior Test Analyst with 1,001-5,000 employees
Apr 30, 2015
Valuable features include the fact that you don't have to worry about the infrastructure setup.

What other advice do I have?

If you're looking at an application that can be seen on the WAN and using agile approach, then its a tool that should be recommended and used.