Micro Focus UFT One Overview

Micro Focus UFT One is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top Mobile App Testing Tools. It is most often compared to Micro Focus UFT Developer: Micro Focus UFT One vs Micro Focus UFT Developer

What is Micro Focus UFT One?

Micro Focus UFT One simplifies end-to-end functional testing using intelligent test automation and embedded AI-based capabilities to accelerate testing across web, mobile, desktop, mainframe, API, and composite and packaged enterprise-grade apps.

QA and Testing teams can efficiently scale tests across distributed infrastructures and in parallel on web and mobile; script once and replay all tests with cross-browser support; and leverage a broad ecosystem of integrations from version control to continuous integration to agile and DevOps.

With support of 200+ technologies including SAP, Salesforce, Java, Citrix and more, UFT One increases test coverage from the UI to the API—and everything in between—for true multi-platform application testing.

Micro Focus UFT One is also known as Unified Functional Testing, Micro Focus UFT (QTP), QTP, Quick Test Pro, QuickTest Professional, HPE UFT (QTP).

Micro Focus UFT One is also known as UFT (QTP), Micro Focus UFT (QTP), QTP, Quick Test Pro, QuickTest Professional, HPE UFT (QTP).

Micro Focus UFT One Buyer's Guide

Download the Micro Focus UFT One Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Micro Focus UFT One Customers

Sage, JetBlue, Haufe.Group, Independent Health, Molina Healthcare, Cox Automotive, and
TMNA Services

Micro Focus UFT One Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Micro Focus UFT One pricing:
  • "The price is only $3,000. I don't know how many QA analysts you would have in any given company. Probably no more than five or 10. So if it's a large corporation, it can easily afford $15,000 to $25,000. I don't see that being an issue."

Micro Focus UFT One Reviews

Don Ingerson
QA Automation Engineer at a consultancy with 1,001-5,000 employees
ExpertTop 5
Oct 6, 2019
With regularly occurring application releases, any QA team member can execute tests (regression suites) stored in ALM/Quality Center, let the tests run unattended, and then examine the results.
In my 10 plus years of hands-on experience using QTP (QuickTest Professional) and UFT (Unified Functional Testing), I have observed that there has been a lot of confusion among the testing community on what the difference is between the two tools. Therefore, I thought it would be beneficial to clarify what distinguishes UFT from QTP because it is important for the reader to know. QTP is a functional and regression automation tool originally developed and marketed by Mercury Interactive which HP acquired in 2006. In 2012, HP released UFT (Unified Functional Testing) version 11.5, which combined QuickTest Professional and HP Service Test into a single software package along with newly designed IDE (Integrated Development Environment). Before UFT, QTP and Service Test were two separate…
Paul Grossman
Sr. Test Automation Engineer at NORC at the University of Chicago
Feb 18, 2019
With UFT 14.51 Micro Focus continues to improve and expand functionality
Last year I had the honor to attend the Micro Focus ADM Conference in Dallas, Texas. Participating with other users in a round table discussion, we spoke of what we loved most, and least, about the UFT automation tool feature set. The results of this meeting can be seen in UFT 14.51. Micro Focus continues to show they are listening to their user base. They are committed to making changes large and small that makes UFT more user-friendly and efficient. Here is a quick dive into product changes, some undocumented, in 14.51. Parallel Test Execution adds isolated execution With a ParallelRunner utility, scripts can be executed on up to four different browsers simultaneously. Execution can be performed from a command prompt:…
Learn what your peers think about Micro Focus UFT One. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: January 2021.
456,719 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Vinod Khurana
Senior Load Performance Consultant at a insurance company with 10,001+ employees
Oct 21, 2020
Improved overall efficiency and is stable and scalable

What is our primary use case?

The use cases for Micro Focus UFT One vary from one department to another. We've got so many applications within Dominion Energy, but as of now, most groups are scripting the test cases themselves, even though they're not programmers and they don't have a true understanding of Visual Basic, which is a language used to script QTP. So the groups out there are doing it independently. I think they're doing mostly a record and playback, data-driven approach, which means they parametrize the data. But they're not specifically programmers, they can't make those scripts very sophisticated. And that's… more »

• "On a scale of one to ten, I would give Micro Focus UFT One a 10 because it is a reliable product, it works, it's as good or better than similar solutions especially because you get technical support from real people. Additionally, upgrades are always provided on a consistent basis."
  • "They need to reduce the cost because it is pretty high. It's approximately $3,000 per user."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anyone regarding this solution is that if they have the money to purchase it, they could, but Selenium would be the first choice because it's more widely used. UFT quite expensive. It's about $3,000 per seat, whereas Selenium is free of charge. So if you had 20 users who need to use it, you'd have to spend close to $60,000 on QTP plus annual maintenance costs. Whereas with Selenium, it's free of charge and you get all the support you need on the internet. On a scale of one to ten, I would give Micro Focus UFT One a 10 because it is a reliable product, it works, it's as good or…
Dolf Cornelius
Owner at a consultancy with self employed
Jul 6, 2020
Great business process testing, very stable, and efficient for making test cases

What is our primary use case?

I have been running UFT scripts also, apart from the laptops and PC's. We primarily use the solution for end-to-end and functional testing and also for web applications and tunnel-based applications in the testing chain. It's one of the positive points of UFT that UFT can handle both.

• "The production and the efficiency of making your test cases can be very high."
  • "The price is very high. They should work to lower the costs for their clients."

What other advice do I have?

I just use the product as an independent contractor and customer. I don't have a professional relationship with Micro Focus. I can recommend the product. If you're a company that is working with any legacy systems, and you need automation with both web-based applications and terminal-based applications. the solution would be a good thing to use. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten overall. I would rate it higher, however, there is a steep learning curve. You also need to be skilled in using the solution. Why learn such a specific program when there are other products, available as well…
reviewer1262124
Test Solution Architect at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Oct 19, 2020
Poorly designed, runs slow, and makes test automation really difficult

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for any test completion intended for the system.

• "The initial setup is relatively easy."
  • "The overall design needs an entire overhaul. We prefer software designed to ensure the package isn't too loaded."

What other advice do I have?

We're just customers. We don't have any business relationship with Micro Focus. Personally, the solution doesn't meet my expectations. The design is really old. It's possible we'll be talking about changing soon. I'm not sure if it will happen, however, I would prefer to try something new. A person with no programming background might really like this solution. I, however, do not. On a scale from one to ten, I'd rate it at a five. I have a technical background and I don't really like using this tool. It's better for someone with less programming experience.
Vishwa-Reddy
Test Automation Eng Senior Analyst at a tech services company with 10,001+ employees
Jul 3, 2020
Powerful analysis using artificial intelligence, easy-to-develop automation, and we can develop negative API test cases

What is our primary use case?

Micro Focus UFT is a very good tool for testing purposes. We use it primarily for API testing.

• "This product is easy to use, understand, and maintain."
  • "One of the drawbacks is that mobile performance testing is in need of improvement."

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this product is that it integrates well into your environment, is easy to use, easy to maintain, and makes your development efforts more efficient. The entire development chain, including smoke tests, will be improved. I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.
Roberto Forlani
Senior Test Manager at Allianz
Sep 9, 2020
Good out-of-the-box protocols; unfortunately technical support is a little slow

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for our functional and automatic testing. I'm a senior test manager and we are customers of Micro Focus.

• "The solution has good out-of-the-box protocols."
  • "Technical support could be improved."

What other advice do I have?

I'm not sure this solution is the future with many companies now moving to agility-focused solutions. I have used these products for the past 20 years and they were good and fast but now there are other competitors who are coming out with better solutions. I would rate this solution a six out of 10.
reviewer1407093
IT Business Analyst at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Oct 7, 2020
Easy to set up, the interface is okay, and it works well for end-to-end testing of multiple scenarios

What is our primary use case?

We use this product for end-to-end testing, from order to cash.

• "The interface is fine and there is nothing else to add in terms of enhancement."
  • "We have had some issues with stability, where it crashes sometimes."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this product is to be aware that it lends itself to having coding knowledge. I would say that you have to be comfortable with coding to use it. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
See 1 more Micro Focus UFT One Reviews
Download our free Micro Focus UFT One Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.