Microsoft 365 Defender OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Microsoft 365 Defender is the #7 ranked solution in our list of XDR Security products. It is most often compared to Azure Defender: Microsoft 365 Defender vs Azure Defender

What is Microsoft 365 Defender?

Microsoft 365 Defender, part of Microsoft’s XDR solution, leverages the Microsoft 365 security portfolio to automatically analyze threat data across domains, building a complete picture of each attack in a single dashboard. With this breadth and depth of clarity defenders can now focus on critical threats and hunt for sophisticated breaches, trusting that the powerful automation in Microsoft 365 Defender detects and stops attacks anywhere in the kill chain and returns the organization to a secure state.

- Reduce signal noise by viewing prioritized incidents in a single dashboard.

- Use the automated investigation capabilities to spend less time on detection and response.

- Take care of routine and complex remediation with Microsoft 365 Defender by auto-healing affected assets.

- Hunt across all your data, leveraging your organizational knowledge with custom queries.

- Develop custom detection and response tools for long-term protection and improved security posture.

To learn more about our solution, ask questions, and share feedback, join our Microsoft 365 Defender Community.

Microsoft 365 Defender is also known as Microsoft Threat Protection, MS 365 Defender.

Download the Extended Detection and Response (XDR) Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

Microsoft 365 Defender Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Microsoft 365 Defender pricing:
  • "The price could be better. Normally, the costs depend on the country you're located in for the license. When we were in the initial stage, we went with the E5 license they call premium standard. It cost us around $5.20 per month for four users."
  • "The solutions price is fair for what they offer."
  • "The price of the solution is high compared to others and we have lost some customers because of it."

PT
Product Manager at a comms service provider with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
Stable and easy to use but could scan attachments faster

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as security for our endpoints. It covers everything.

• "The product is very easy to use."
  • "It would be helpful if the solution could scan faster when it comes to scanning attachments to emails."

What other advice do I have?

We are using the latest version of the solution. We sell the product and we use it as well. We are resellers. We are using advanced endpoint detection in our security for email and a lot of other things, however, it is combined with Cisco solutions, for example, Cisco Umbrella. We have a file solution from IBM, and internally we are using it, however, I am not directly using all of these things. I'm using the administrative part for partnership purposes. I'm not a technical person. I am using them as a customer as part of Microsoft OS. There is a lot of other tools behind the scenes as well…
GV
Senior IT Executive and Operation at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
A unified enterprise defense suite that's very stable, but the price could be better

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case for Defender is to control the endpoint systems at the user level. On the networking level, we use it to analyze spam and see if any antivirus services are required or if there's a ransomware attack. As of now, I am just using it for monitoring.

• "I like that it's stable. It's been stable for a long time, and Microsoft Defender has done a good job there."
  • "The price could be better. It'll also help if they can continuously update and upgrade the solution. Every day there's a new virus uploaded into the network, and we have to keep updating it to identify all these things."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend Microsoft Defender to new users. I would advise them to understand their exact requirements and check if it matches before taking it up. On a scale from one to ten, I would give Microsoft 365 Defender a seven.
Find out what your peers are saying about Microsoft, Cisco, Palo Alto Networks and others in Extended Detection and Response (XDR). Updated: August 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.
RY
Lead Solutions Architect at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Integrates well, easy to maintain, but data recovery needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We use the solution to back up our data frequently.

What is most valuable?

The solution is well integrated with applications. It is easy to maintain and administer.

What needs improvement?

The data recovery and backup could be improved.

I have been using the solution for a couple of years.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable, you do not need to worry about resources. I have more than 50 users using the solution in my organization.

The support provides a 24 hrs service which I am completely satisfied with.

How was the initial

PD
Senior Cloud Architects Consultant Manager at Metro Systems Corporation Public Company Limited
Stable, scalable, but machine learning and AI could improve

What is our primary use case?

I use the solution for security against system threats.

What is most valuable?

I have found the ability to delete unwanted threats beneficial.

What needs improvement?

The solution could improve by having better machine learning and AI. Additionally, the interface, documentation, and integration could be better.

I have used this solution for approximately one year.

The solution is stable.

Microsoft 365 Defender is scalable.

The price of the solution is high compared to others and we have lost some customers because of it.

What