Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager OverviewUNIXBusinessApplicationPrice:
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is the #1 ranked solution in our list of top Configuration Management tools. It is most often compared to Ansible: Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager vs Ansible
What is Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager?
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager (MECM, formerly SCCM or System Center Configuration Manager) is a software management suite that allows users to manage large numbers of Windows-based computers and servers.
Configuration Manager features software distribution, operating system deployment, remote control, network protection, security management, patch management, and hardware and software inventory, among other services. It allows you to set configuration and security policies, keep your software up-to-date, and monitor your system status while giving your employees access to corporate applications on whatever devices they choose.
Configuration Manager allows you to manage computers using macOS, Windows UNIX, or Linux, and mobile devices running iOS, Windows, or Android operating systems. It can be integrated with Microsoft Intune, allowing you to manage computers connected to a corporate network.
With Configuration Manager, you can manage PCs and servers, keeping software up-to-date, setting configuration and security policies, and monitoring system status while giving your employees access to corporate applications on the devices that they choose.
Benefits and Features
- Proactively manage all device life cycles, starting from purchase all the way to retirement.
- Automatically deploy software as well as printers to devices, using a common software library.
- Deploy upgrades and patches to your operating system.
- Ensure that all devices are patched, encrypted, and secured in compliance with security best practices.
- Provide mobile device management functionality, which includes the ability to reboot and/or lock devices remotely.
- Provide end users with “self-service” so that they can update machines when it is convenient for them.
Reviews from Real Users:
Users of MECM like that it is stable and flexible. Patching is one of its most useful features, although users cite many other features as useful as well. One user stated that "It does what you need it to do, and it's a one-stop-shop for the company and for all your deployments." Overall, “the entire solution, from end to end, is excellent.”
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager is also known as System Center Configuration Manager, SCCM .
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Buyer's Guide
Download the Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Customers
Bank Alfalah Ltd., Wªrth Handelsges.m.b.H, Dimension Data, Japan Business Systems, St. Lucie County Public Schools, MISC Berhad
Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Video
What users are saying about Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager pricing:
- "The price model is different for every client."
- "Pricing is negotiable with Microsoft, depending upon which of their packages you choose."
Learn what your peers think about Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
534,299 professionals have used our research since 2012.
See 22 more Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager Reviews