NEOGOV OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

What is NEOGOV?
NEOGOV is the market and technology leader in public sector human resources software. For more than 15 years, NEOGOV has been committed to streamlining HR processes. Our software automates the entire hiring, onboarding, and performance evaluation process. Simply put, we make HR easier. Public sector organizations need a solution designed specifically for them. That's why we created NEOGOV.

Download the Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: November 2021

NEOGOV Customers
City of Baltimore, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, St. Louis County, Alabama State University, Eastern Michigan University, Carlsbad Unified School District, Seattle Public Schools, King County Superior Court, Superior Court of California, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, San Diego Unified Port District
NEOGOV Video

NEOGOV Reviews

MS
Chief HR Officer at a government with 1,001-5,000 employees
Customizable and very centralized but quite expensive

• "It's customizable to the level of customer that's using it. That's probably the most valuable feature."
  • "Having the feeds more easily developed and implemented would be ideal. I'd like them to be more plug and play so we can put them into our HCM, our human capital management system. For what it costs, that should just be part of the deal."

What is our primary use case?

The solution is primarily used by my recruiters. I have access to it in its entirety, however, I more utilize it for reviewing my own recruitments or reviewing applicants, et cetera. processing and pushing things through every day, although I have. My role is administrative management of the system.

Basically, the solution covers the full recruitment cycle.

How has it helped my organization?

I have 1700 employees in several different divisions and three corporate recruiters. We do the overall recruitment and dispositioning, et cetera, however, the fact that your end users and department administrators can access specific recruitments for their department, interview, score, and do a certain amount of administrative functions in the system itself has been the biggest asset for us.

What is most valuable?

I like the fact that you can adjust the views for who's using the system. I'm an administrator, so I have access to the entire solution, however, I can crop it down for my field staff to go in and do basic views on their own recruits, on their own recruitments, et cetera.

I have all of our applicants in one place and then each department, depending on who's doing the recruiting for them, can go in on a department level. Everything's all in one place, however, so it's very central.

What needs improvement?

Having the feeds more easily developed and implemented would be ideal. I'd like them to be more plug and play so we can put them into our HCM, our human capital management system. For what it costs, that should just be part of the deal. Right now, they charge you for the feeds and it's something everyone is going to need at some point.

I've only been at this company for about a year, however, the solution was being used before my arrival.

We haven't had any issues with stability. It's reliable. I can't recall having problems with bugs or glitches.

The solution is fairly scalable. I don't see any limitations in terms of the amount of information it can handle.

My recruiters all use the system, and then in the field, departments have administrators that go in and have limited functionality for their department. We have numerous departments in the agency I work within. They have the ability go in and manage their own department recruiting processes by accessing applicants.

Technical support is pretty good. We've only used it a little bit. I'm probably not a fair assessment, as I've rarely used them. However, I've gotten what we need out of them.

I've used several recruiting systems. When I started here a year ago and they had NEOGOV, I used NEOGOV in a prior life as well, therefore I was comfortable with it. That said, I've used several other ATS systems as well.

I've used, for example, PeopleSoft, Taleo, iCIMS, ADP and Dynamics AX.

NEOGOV is focused on government entities, so it supports government postings better than other systems. There are systems that are more integrated into True HR capital management systems. For example, PeopleSoft, as a single source platform tends to work better as you don't have to download and upload or re-key data.

I wasn't directly involved in the initial setup.

However, I'm currently doing an analysis to see if we can better leverage the solution, as there's a lot of functionality we're not using right now. it with my recruiters, to leverage what we can do, and see how we're utilizing the system, and how we can leverage more functionality out of it.

Initially, there was a consultant from NEOGOV that came in to help with the initial setup.

There is a bit of an ROI in that it simplifies processes in order to reduce staff requirements.

The solution is quite costly. The pricing depends on the number of licenses which depends on the number of users.

I'm sure I could find a better solution that's cheaper, however, NEOGOV supports government agencies, which we are. It works for us, it's just expensive and it's painful to transfer to a different solution.

We pay an annual fee for licensing.

The application was in place when I stated here.

What other advice do I have?

We're using the SaaS version of the solution.

On a scale from one to ten, I would rate the solution at a seven.

I'd rate it higher, however, I find that it's expensive and they charge you for extras. They really nickel and dime you for everything. The feeds are expensive and you have to pay for everything. Everybody's going to need a feed at some point, so they should just provide them, especially if it's not an unusual product. We have Oracle, for example, which is pretty standard.

I'd rate it at a perfect ten if they made it easier and had more simplistic processes.

Download our free Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software Report and find out what your peers are saying about NEOGOV, Ramco, SmartRecruiters, and more!