Oracle Application Development Framework OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Oracle Application Development Framework is the #4 ranked solution in our list of top Java Frameworks. It is most often compared to Spring Boot: Oracle Application Development Framework vs Spring Boot

What is Oracle Application Development Framework?

Oracle ADF is an end-to-end Java EE framework that simplifies application development by providing out-of-the-box infrastructure services and a visual and declarative development experience. Oracle ADF simplifies Java EE development by minimizing the need to write code that implements the application’s infrastructure allowing the developers to focus on the features of the actual application. Oracle ADF provides these infrastructure implementations as part of the framework. It also implements the Model-View-Controller design pattern and offers an integrated solution that covers all the layers of the architecture integrated with the Oracle SOA and WebCenter Portal frameworks.

Oracle Application Development Framework is also known as Oracle ADF.

Oracle Application Development Framework Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle Application Development Framework Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: September 2021

Oracle Application Development Framework Customers

Financial Regulatory Authority (FRA) of Egypt, Red Samurai, ChB Jelly House

Oracle Application Development Framework Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about Oracle Application Development Framework pricing:
  • "The cost of this solution is approximately $47,000 USD per site."
  • "We use a lot of Oracle products and in total, we pay about £5 million ($6.1 million USD) per year."

Osama-Alsaif
CIO at Prince Mohammad University
Easy to teach to programmers especially regarding how to capture the technology and how to enhance it

• "There are several valuable features. First is the fast deployment. Also the ease of use."
  • "Lacks tailoring to geographic regional differences and consistent integration with third parties."

What other advice do I have?

Oracle is the best - I give it a ten out of ten.
HF
Assistant Manager with 1-10 employees
A smooth framework with good business components, but the performance needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

I am an Oracle Forms developer. We have an on-premises deployment.

• "The most valuable features of this solution are the business components."
  • "The performance of this solution needs to be improved because it is very slow."

What other advice do I have?

Oracle technology moves very fast, and many of the Oracle Forms developers will be moving to the Spring Framework. My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to get their information from the consultants who work with it, and not just from the internet. I have a lot of Oracle ADF experience and I have had a lot of bugs. When you have a low-code framework like this one, a wizzard, and a drag-and-drop interface, it becomes buggy. That's the major problem. I would rate this solution a six out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle Application Development Framework vs. Spring Boot and other solutions. Updated: September 2021.
534,468 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Abdallah Alzeiq
Java/ Senior Oracle ADF Developer at Al-Bayanat Al-Raqamiah
Good technical support and the business components are a powerful feature

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and we use Oracle ADF to develop projects for our clients. Depending on the project, we use different versions. Some examples of the clients we have are banking institutions and municipal government.

• "The power of Oracle ADF is in the business components."
  • "Oracle ADF needs more components and the layout can be improved."

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Oracle ADF is to read and study all of the material that is available. This is a product that I recommend. I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.
DC
Director at a tech services company with 11-50 employees
Good support and integrates well with Oracle products, but it needs to be cheaper and more lightweight

What is our primary use case?

We develop software applications using this Java framework.

• "The most valuable feature is the ease of integration with other Oracle products."
  • "The application needs to be more lightweight and the performance improved."

What other advice do I have?

The suitability of Oracle ADP depends on the application, requirements, and target. I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.