Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Overview

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Open Source Databases. It is most often compared to Firebird SQL: Oracle MySQL Cloud Service vs Firebird SQL

What is Oracle MySQL Cloud Service?

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service delivers a secure, cost-effective and enterprise-grade MySQL database service. Built on MySQL Enterprise Edition and powered by the Oracle Cloud, it provides a simple, automated, integrated and enterprise ready MySQL cloud service, enabling organizations to increase business agility and reduce costs.

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Buyer's Guide

Download the Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: January 2021

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Customers

Omnis, Naveex, Rehash Technologies

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Video

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Reviews

PiyushJain
Manager at a comms service provider with 10,001+ employees
Dec 17, 2019
A good autonomous database that scales easily and has a straightforward setup

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for publishing. We use tickets to monitor for alerts to understand which host is down or has poor performance.

• "The initial setup was straightforward."
  • "Integrating business intelligence or NLP solutions would help us save time and would prevent us from having to take a deep dive. Data problems seem to multiply on the system when you interact with it. Automation would save a lot of man-hours."

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model. If a company is looking for an autonomous database, which is one of this solution's unique features compared, this is a good option. They won't have to worry much about data issues or getting a database or scaling, etc. I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.
Mohammad Dastpak
Database Administrator at a energy/utilities company
Dec 4, 2019
Excellent integration with other databases, good scalability, and easy to set up

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a database to help with the management of hospitals, AMI centers, etc.

• "The solution overall is very, very good. It's got good integration with other databases and adds new features often."
  • "The solution should offer memory management."

What other advice do I have?

We use the private cloud deployment model. The solution is good for organizations that have very heavy data. We use auto-indexing for comments and are able to check queries and make an index for them. I'd rate the solution ten out of ten.
Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, EnterpriseDB, Firebird and others in Open Source Databases. Updated: January 2021.
455,301 professionals have used our research since 2012.
reviewer979968
Senior Manager Global Database Services at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Aug 6, 2019
Offers multiple reliable databases but their technical support needs improvement

• "The scalability of the database is absolutely guaranteed by the new features."
  • "The support is not that great. They're not really supporting directly anymore and relying on experts to figure out technical issues."

What other advice do I have?

We use a hybrid version of the solution. I would recommend Oracle MySQL. I would rate the solution seven out of ten. I would rate it higher if support was better.
ITHead6a3a
IT Head
Aug 16, 2019
A very stable, very scalable solution with a simple setup

What is our primary use case?

I use MySQL for the database, to store data on my web application

• "The stability of the solution is very good. I wouldn't have used it for the past seven years if I was not satisfied."
  • "Sometimes MySQL does upgrades on the server. When we are still using the old server and when they integrate the upgrade, they don't carry along some of the old syntaxes. The versions don't sync."

What other advice do I have?

The simplicity of the solution is very good. It's a straightforward solution and makes for a very good cloud option. I would rate the solution nine out of ten.
RajKumar1
Sr Associate at a computer software company with 10,001+ employees
Jan 31, 2020
Good data aggregation functionality, but the initial setup is complex and technical support needs improvement

What is our primary use case?

We collect data from end-users and store the data using the Oracle MySQL Cloud Service.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the data aggregation function.

What needs improvement?

The technical support is in need of improvement. It is difficult to do any coding with this solution.

We have been using this solution for the past couple of years.

The Oracle MySQL Cloud Service is stable.

This solution is scalable enough. We haven't seen any problems with it. We have about 60 users within my project.

The technical support from…
Download our free Open Source Databases Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, EnterpriseDB, Firebird, and more!