Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Reviews

Filter by:Reset all filters
industry
rating
Senior Manager Global Database Services at a manufacturing company with 10,001+ employees
Aug 06 2019

How has it helped my organization?

Having multiple reliable databases has improved our business greatly because having a robust database is so integral to the company in general.

What needs improvement?

The support is not that great. They're not really supporting directly anymore and relying on experts to figure out technical issues. Oracle does offer a website where you can open a service request, etc., however, general technical support… more»

The solution is very expensive. Of course, you pay for what you get. So there is a reason why those products are very expensive compared with the other products. You are paying for some very good features.

As a global company, we have all types of business needs, and all types of cloud and on-premises solutions. We chose Oracle MySQL because it was the best option, and still is.

What other advice do I have?

We use a hybrid version of the solution. I would recommend Oracle MySQL. I would rate the solution seven out of ten. I would rate it higher if support was better.
IT Head
Aug 16 2019

What is most valuable?

The solution overall is very powerful.

What needs improvement?

Sometimes MySQL does upgrades on the server. When we are still using the old server and when they integrate the upgrade, they don't carry along some of the old syntaxes. The versions don't sync.

Previously, we used Node.js. It's a document-oriented database. Complexity-wise, there was a chance it could fail, which is why we ultimately switched.

What other advice do I have?

The simplicity of the solution is very good. It's a straightforward solution and makes for a very good cloud option. I would rate the solution nine out of ten.

Articles

User Assessments By Topic About Oracle MySQL Cloud Service

Find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, EnterpriseDB, Firebird and others in Open Source Databases. Updated: October 2019.
372,124 professionals have used our research since 2012.

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service Questions

What is Oracle MySQL Cloud Service?

Oracle MySQL Cloud Service delivers a secure, cost-effective and enterprise-grade MySQL database service. Built on MySQL Enterprise Edition and powered by the Oracle Cloud, it provides a simple, automated, integrated and enterprise ready MySQL cloud service, enabling organizations to increase business agility and reduce costs.
BUYER'S GUIDE
Download our free Open Source Databases Report and find out what your peers are saying about Oracle, EnterpriseDB, Firebird, and more!