Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks is the #2 ranked solution in our list of top ZTNA services. It is most often compared to Zscaler Private Access: Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks vs Zscaler Private Access

What is Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks?

Prisma Access provides protection straight from the cloud to make access to the cloud secure. It combines the connectivity and security you need – and delivers it everywhere you need it.

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks is also known as Palo Alto Networks Prisma Access, Prisma Access, GlobalProtect, Palo Alto GlobalProtect Mobile Security Manager.

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Buyer's Guide

Download the Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: October 2021

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Customers

Concord Hospital, State of Colorado, Essilor International, RheinLand Versicherungsgruppe, University of Westminster, Universidade Nove de Julho, SPAR Austria, CAME Group, ZipRealty, Greenhill & Co., IKT Agder, Aviva Stadium, Animal Logic, Management & Training Corporation, Brigham Young University Hawaii, School District of Chilliwack

Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Video

Archived Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Reviews (more than two years old)

CR
IT Security at a real estate/law firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
Good user integration and technology features

• "The features I find most valuable is WildFire, user integration, and the basic technology features."
  • "I would like to see better pricing and an easier logging process. Also, if there was a way to log a global log, everything could go onto the system. It would be better if there was a third log, otherwise one would have to do everything manually."

What is most valuable?

The features I find most valuable is WildFire, user integration, and the basic technology features.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better pricing and an easier logging process. Also, if there was a way to log a global log, everything could go onto the system. It would be better if there was a third log, otherwise one would have to do everything manually.

I've been using this solution for a couple of months now.

From an audit or security perspective, the solution has been very stable so far. But I am not sure if it will stay stable once deployment takes place.

The initial setup was really straightforward.

What other advice do I have?

I will give this solution an eight out of ten rating because theoretically, I looked at a lot of other products but Palo Alto seems to be covering all aspects and I'm sure the competitors like to tell everybody they have more features, but I've not experienced it yet.

MM
Director at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
Good architecture, software, and interface with strong endpoint protection

• "It's very stable. Sometimes after installing the boxes, we leave them for one or two years. We would just touch the box in the case of the customer needing new requirements or changes to the setup."
  • "Their next release should provide solutions for the mobile environment."

What is our primary use case?

Most of our customers here in Egypt are looking for how to manage their boxes in simple ways. They want good performance as well.

How has it helped my organization?

We sometimes need to apply proactive service on specific applications. We can do it with Palo Alto Networks in just a few clicks. On some projects, we work with other vendors like Juniper or Check Point and we are really facing some obstacles applying policies and proactive service in specific applications. But Palo Alto and its next next-generation firewall offers especially proactive services on a specific type of application, and in applications like tracking features.

What is most valuable?

The next-gen firewall performance is very good. The solution has very good architecture, software, and interface.

What needs improvement?

They could improve the proactive service on this application and application tracking in their next release.

Their next release should provide solutions for the mobile environment.

I've been using the solution since 2009.

It's very stable. Sometimes after installing the boxes, we leave them for one or two years. We would just touch the box in the case of the customer needing new requirements or changes to the setup. It has a very stable performance because they have very good architecture and software.

We don't usually need technical support. My company is certified to provide the Tier 1 support for Palo Alto here in Egypt. Most of the time we are fielding the cases here in the technical support center in our company. Sometimes we need to escalate to their Tier 2 and Tier 3, and the response is very good. We are talking about just two hours to escalate to the next level of support. They have a very good policy about help features and support centers in our region here and in India.

There are many ways to deploy for the firewall in general. Sometimes we propose a firewall as a perimeter firewall, to protect the internet connections. Sometimes, we propose the firewalls to protect the data center and protecting the institutional traffic between servers. So it depends on the deployment model and the customer requirements.

Depending on the client, it may take time to gather the info and requirements from the customers, so it takes anywhere from two business days to two months to finalize the whole deployment for the Palo Alto Networks.

We have a technical team in our company that handles the implementation.

Palo Alto is not a cheap product. It's expensive because they provide very good technology.

Here in Egypt, there are about 93 system integrators and we have a partnership with Fortinet. We consider our connections because we need to avoid conflict with our partners and conflict with other solutions in our portfolio. We choose Palo Alto and Check Point to avoid conflict with our partners. The market is very crowded with FortiGate technical solutions and partners, so we avoid these.

What other advice do I have?

We had a very good experience with their solutions, especially with their endpoint protections and the next-generation firewalls. We are a local distributor in Palo Alto here in Egypt. So we propose this technology to our customers and our partners here in Egypt.

Palo Alto offers very good technology and hardware. Its very good in this category of solution. You have options of providing or proposing to a customer a small box, or sometimes a mid range. It depends on the model and the deployment.

I would rate this solution 8 out of 10.

Learn what your peers think about Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: October 2021.
542,267 professionals have used our research since 2012.
PT
Consultant at a political organization with 201-500 employees
Good interface and valuable feature set with an easy setup

• "The initial setup is very straightforward."
  • "Dependencies of applications sometimes is a bit confusing."

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for firewall technologies.

What is most valuable?

The interface is very good and the feature set is very good. The investigation options, for example, in the data are very useful.

What needs improvement?

The dependencies of applications sometimes are a bit confusing. All the dependencies you have between applications can be confusing when you fill in things. It's mostly the configuration with the different applications. Extra guidance in using applications and things like that might be helpful.

In terms of features, at the moment, the features we use are all in there. But we don't even use the full feature set at the moment. So I don't really have any need for anything else. For now, there's not really anything missing.

I have been using the solution for seven years.

We've had no issue over the whole lifespan with any failures so we didn't have any problem with that. In terms of the scalability, supposedly the model you choose the scale goes up at the beginning. You can buy a firewall device and scalability is dependant on the model.

We used an integrator so we don't need to contact their technical support directly.

The initial setup is very straightforward. With the standard deployment, I think it took a few days.

We used an integrator for the initial setup. They were very good.

I think that the Palo Alto solution is very good. The licensing in comparison to other competitors is not really an issue. The price is not low but you can't compare with all the premium firewalls in its range. The licensing cost is about 18,000 euros.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend the solution. The solution really depends on your budget, of course. If you have a really low budget it's not a low budget solution, so it can really depend on the budget you have. But if you have a budget for enterprise or best of firewalls I think you should take this solution into consideration.

I would rate this solution at 8.5 or 9 out of 10. No product, of course, is totally perfect and a ten is something that I don't think that exists. I think maybe it needs a bit more ease of how applications and dependencies run. Because sometimes you push a firewall rule and you get lots of dependencies so that could be a more manageable thing. Extra guidance in using applications and things like that would be helpful.

Download our free Prisma Access by Palo Alto Networks Report and get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions.