SoapUI Pro Overview

SoapUI Pro is the #6 ranked solution in our list of top Regression Testing Tools. It is most often compared to ReadyAPI: SoapUI Pro vs ReadyAPI

What is SoapUI Pro?
For REST, SOAP and other popular API and IoT protocols, SoapUI NG Pro provides the industry's most comprehensive and easy-to-learn functional testing capabilities. Based on open core technology proven by millions of community members, SoapUI NG Pro helps you ensure that your APIs perform as intended, meet your business requirements, timeframes, and team skill sets right from day one.

SoapUI Pro is also known as SoapUI NG Pro.

Download the Functional Testing Tools Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: June 2021

SoapUI Pro Customers
Apple, Cisco, FedEx, eBay, Microsoft, MasterCard, Pfizer, Nike, Oracle, Volvo, Lufthansa, Disney, HP, Intel, U.S. Air Force, Schindler
SoapUI Pro Video

Filter Archived Reviews (More than two years old)

Associate Professional Product Developer at Computer Sciences Corporation
Helped us to achieve timely testing of our APIs

What is our primary use case?

An automation tool not only always has the purpose of redefining the APIs after their functional or performance testing, but also provides an easier execution platform for the APIs so that they can be easily consumed by the future developers who are yet to work on them.

How has it helped my organization?

It did help us to achieve timely testing of our APIs and the right reasons to enhance their functionality or performance.

What is most valuable?

I've majorly worked on SoapUI Pro, LoadUI and Service Pro and found all of them equally useful and very easy to understand tools.

What needs improvement?

The tools that are stated by SmartBear speaks for itself, but when it comes to improvements, there could be a release which only aims for the…
YK
User at EPAM Systems
API mockups is a feature that quickly allowed us to have a working API mockup interface during the initial API discussion meetings

What is our primary use case?

Functional and load testing of the APIs we've developed internally and the APIs we've consumed from external parties.

• "API mockups, functional testing, and load testing are valuable features."
  • "The UI should be improved."
  • "Could integrate the graphing module for load testing."
Find out what your peers are saying about SmartBear, Parasoft, Micro Focus and others in Functional Testing Tools. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.
MD
Tester
Helped us by integrating the tests in the nightly build format. There were some issues in regards to the correct saving of projects.

What other advice do I have?

This product is quite useful for us. It could be even more useful if we had explored other functionalities (security, load tests) as well.
RB
Enterprise Software Quality Architect at a tech vendor with 5,001-10,000 employees
With this solution, we were able to develop tests about 3x faster than we did with Java.

What other advice do I have?

Evaluate this solution in a pilot project. Remember that, as test numbers grow, test maintenance will become an issue. Implement scripts to apply verification rules across the test XML files, to ensure that test authors are following team conventions. That will reduce the number of avoidable errors that usually get introduced into the test base.
Test Engineer III at a engineering company with 51-200 employees
An easy-to-use product which has enabled a more thorough testing of our API layer.

What is most valuable?

Data driving Easy to use

How has it helped my organization?

It has enabled a more thorough testing of our API layer.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of bugs and it can sometimes be 'quirky.'

We have been using the solution for a year.

We had a stability issue but it is related to our machines only having 4 GB RAM.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

The technical support is very good. Normally our issues are fixed within three months or if they are severe then by the next maintenance release.

Which solution did I use previously

Senior Automation Engineer with 1,001-5,000 employees
Aspects that have proved useful include the automatic generation of example requests and the Form view capabilities that allow for easy manipulation of a request for more basic testing.
QA Leader at a tech services company with 51-200 employees
The most valuable features are the possibility to run in such a fast way to many test cases simultaneously, SQL injection, and being able to save the tests as a WAR file.
QA Head at a retailer with 51-200 employees
I primarily use it to test XML/JSON requests and responses for APIs hosted by us and our vendors.

Valuable Features:

I primarily use Soap UI to test XML/JSON requests and responses for APIs hosted by us and our vendors. Also, SoapUI is easy to use since all my requests are saved in a single location so I can export and share them with my team.

Improvements to My Organization:

It helps me in speeding up testing process as all requests are saved and can be retrieved from a single location.

Room for Improvement:

The application has to be restarted after being used for an hour or so as it stops working after that.

Deployment Issues:

We encountered no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

With a big response size, the application hangs.

Scalability Issues:

We've encountered no issues with scaling it.

Other Advice:

It's easy to use and should not require any…
Senior Test Engineer at a leisure / travel company with 1,001-5,000 employees
The most valuable feature is the ease of project and test suite set up.

What other advice do I have?

Great tool. Makes API testing super easy to set up and use.
Consultant at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees
​It's sped up testing as we move towards a TDD environment.

What is most valuable?

It gives us the ability to quickly test web services.

How has it helped my organization?

It's sped up testing as we move towards a TDD environment.

What needs improvement?

In the LoadUI companion the scripts are not user friendly, and it also has a slow startup time.

We've been using it since 2014.

There were no issues with deployment.

There were no issues with the stability.

There were no issues with the scalability.

I am sure it's good but I have not had the need to contact customer…
Software QA Engineer at a financial services firm with 1,001-5,000 employees
It's easy to add assertions in the Pro version. They should exclude test results out of projects (XML file).

What other advice do I have?

The product is a good solution for functional back end testing, but the price should be lower due to already mentioned problems, bugs. Use other product framework for small solutions, due to price/bugs. The advantage is that the product is handy for testers, user friendly; ability to use load, security tests or create mocks.
Developer at a consumer goods company with 51-200 employees
​The ability to analyse and simulate web services are clearly the main value.

What other advice do I have?

Ttry it, you may like it and you will know soon enough. Certainly worth the effort.
Software Developer at a university with 1,001-5,000 employees
I like the features for SOAP, REST and JDBC.

What other advice do I have?

I think this is a very easy tool to use for automated tests to run in a CI environment. You don’t have to be a “hardcore” programmer to use the tool but to get the best from it you should have some interest in programming/scripting.