A10 Networks Thunder ADC Review

Provides load balancing, proxies, and internal proxies

What is most valuable?

The load balancing, proxies, and internal proxies are valuable features.

What needs improvement?

• Improvement of the grid look
  • Intuitive UI
  • Syntax
  • Configuring

It is very stable.

The scalability is really good. You can easily unify many devices at once. ADCs are simple to configure and each device is powerful. We have two engineers managing and monitoring multiple systems and it works well for us.

For the past two and a half years, we have not had a need to open a tech support ticket. It is really stable. In the past, our experience with tech support was that they were extremely helpful.

The setup depends on certain situations. In certain scenarios, it may be more complex than others. For example, while the initial configuration may be easy, the environment itself may be complex and that may limit the ease of deployment. It is easy for those who understand their environment.

The pricing and licensing are really easy because we bought the hardware and it has all of the license availability. The licensing is embedded in the hardware. We do not have to import any other license. The pricing is a third of the price of the F5 competition.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: I am a reseller.