Aerohive Networks Review

Some of the valuable features include controller-less APs and Auto-Provisioning.

What is most valuable?

• Controller-less APs
  • Auto-Provisioning
  • App and firewall security at the AP
  • Reliability

How has it helped my organization?

I never worry about the WiFi being down. An AP might have issues, but the others automatically increase power to fill in the gap. Usually, an issue is resolved with a configuration push and a restart.

What needs improvement?

Their firewall configuration gets funky and it can be difficult to understand.

We have been using this solution for over five years.

I did not encounter any issues with deployment.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

Customer Service is excellent! I have had no reason to give them less than a 10 on a post ticket survey.

Tech support is great. Sometimes the Level-1 person can't help, but they engage engineers quickly to assist if needed.

We used Symbol Controller based WiFi. It was terrible, it went down all the time, and it was difficult to upgrade or add APs to.

The setup was straightforward. You build a policy in HiveManager Online, set the sub-net, and then plug in an AP on that sub-net. This will automatically push the configuration down, once it calls home from your network.

A vendor assisted with our first roll-out. After that initial one, we have done all other implementations ourselves without any issues.

It is difficult to say with WiFi. I never have to deal with it and people don't complain about it. If everyone who needs to connect, and can do so without issues, then productivity is increased for sure.

Buy near the end of Q4 in order to get a deal.

We looked at several other options, including Cisco and Aruba.

What other advice do I have?

You will not regret buying this solution.