ExtremeCloud IQ OverviewUNIXBusinessApplication

ExtremeCloud IQ is the #5 ranked solution in our list of top Network Management Applications. It is most often compared to Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN: ExtremeCloud IQ vs Cisco Meraki Wireless LAN

What is ExtremeCloud IQ?

ExtremeCloud is a resilient and scalable cloud-based network management solution offered by Extreme Networks as a subscription service.

The network is your platform of engagement for clients and staff. We have designed ExtremeCloud to provide superior user experience by empowering you and the applications that drive your business. The combination of Extreme Networks’ smart wired and wireless edges and the elasticity, resilience and scalability provided via state-of-the-art datacenters distributed strategically for worldwide availability allows you to respond to the changing needs of your business, at the speed of cloud, through a simple, multi-site aware user interface.

ExtremeCloud IQ is also known as Aerohive Networks, Aerohive HiveManager, HiveManager, ExtremeCloud .

Download the Network Management Applications Buyer's Guide including reviews and more. Updated: August 2021

ExtremeCloud IQ Customers

Henry Ford Health System, Baltimore Ravens, Brandili, Federal University of Alagoas, CEDAE, Caxias do Sul, UNISC Concurrency, CenturyLink Field, Louisiana College, Cricket Tasmania Stadium, Moscow Internet Exchange

ExtremeCloud IQ Video

Pricing Advice

What users are saying about ExtremeCloud IQ pricing:
  • "It is costly as compared to Meraki, Aruba, Juniper, and Cisco. Cloud IQ is an enterprise solution, whereas Meraki is specifically a single solution."
  • "It is not the cheapest product but I think that the price is reasonable because you get a lot of support of it's needed."
  • "I did a multi-year license. It was a three-year license. It compares well with others in terms of the price. It is about a hundred dollars per year on a three-year scale."

Kamlesh Ridhorkar
Sr. Solution Architect at a tech vendor with 501-1,000 employees
Reseller
A perfect solution that provides good performance and throughput and lets you do almost everything

What is our primary use case?

We sell this solution to customers. In terms of deployment, some customers require an on-premise solution, and some are okay with the cloud solution. It is a mix of both environments. We provide the latest version of this solution.

• "What our customers like the most is that this device is so rugged. It has very good performance and throughput. Its console is very easy to use and has many features, which makes it different from its competitors. Cloud IQ has all the features built into the console, whereas other solutions require you to integrate multiple solutions with their consoles. You don't need to add anything extra with Cloud IQ. With this single solution, you can do almost everything."
  • "Its price could be lower. It is a simplified solution, but it has price challenges. It is costly as compared to other solutions. It has almost everything. The only thing is that MAC is not possible on the cloud, and it has to be on-premises."

What other advice do I have?

I would definitely recommend this solution. It is very good and stable. You don't have to go with multiple consoles and their integration. I would rate ExtremeCloud IQ a ten out of ten. It is a perfect solution.
ER
Senior Pre-sales consultant at Businesscom BV
Reseller
Professional support, scales well, simple to use, and suits many needs for many customers

What is our primary use case?

We are a distributor and ExtremeCloud IQ is one of the products that we have experience with. It is primarily used by bigger companies in industries such as healthcare.

• "The support organization behind this product is extremely professional."
  • "Having a wizard for customers who are just starting might be helpful."

What other advice do I have?

Overall, we are definitely satisfied with this product. They are well ahead of what I want to see. Sometimes, when I think that a new feature might be nice, it's there already. My advice for anybody who is looking at this product is that there may be a small barrier to getting started, but just jump over it and you will definitely be surprised by the simplicity of the whole product. The autopilot version of Cloud IQ is coming, and it has a lot of artificial intelligence in it. It will handle jobs that the normal IT person does. You can just leave it alone, close the door and throw away the…
Find out what your peers are saying about Extreme, Cisco, IBM and others in Network Management Applications. Updated: August 2021.
533,638 professionals have used our research since 2012.
Jon Rauer
CIO at a construction company with 11-50 employees
Very stable and easy to configure and deploy

What is our primary use case?

We use it for general business.

• "Its configuration and deployment are the most valuable."
  • "They can improve just the onboarding process. More user information about the introduction to the product would be helpful. It would be good if they have a better user introduction to the new product because it is different than the prior version."

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend taking a positive look at it. It has been a great product. I have used its prior version and never had any complaints with it. I would rate ExtremeCloud IQ a nine out of ten.