ExtremeCloud IQ Review

So far, the scalability and reliability are the most valuable features.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features so far have been the scalability of the solution, starting with a few access points on HiveManager NG and bringing it up to well over 100; and the reliability of the equipment to provide fast secure wireless for our one-to-one program.

How has it helped my organization?

We have been able to easily support the needs of our 2,000+ high school students and staff in our one-to-one program.

What needs improvement?

The on-premises version of HiveManager NG that we use does not receive updates as soon as the cloud-based version does. It would be nice to receive the updates a little sooner.

The cloud version receives regular updates and the on-premises version receives a cumulative update, i.e., every two to three months. There is version disparity. The cloud version is up to 11.18.03, whereas the highest I can go with our on-premises version is 11.17.06.

We have had HiveManager NG in place since June of 2016, but have been Aerohive customers since 2010.

We have not encountered any deployment issues.

We have not encountered any stability issues.

We have not encountered any scalability issues.

We used to have the greatest inside sales person ever. She would alway get back to us within 24 hours and was always looking to get us the best deals and keep us happy. She left the company and we had another awesome inside sales person; he unfortunately left the company as well, and now we don't have as good of customer service that we did. I would say it used to be a 10 out of 10, and now its more of a 7 or a 6, but this is solely based on our new sales person. Company-wide, we have always received 8 or 9/10 customer service.

I would say technical is an 8 or 9 out of 10. We have always been able to talk to support right away with any level of question. They are always quick to try and resolve any issue, and the problem can be escalated quickly through the tiers of support to find a good solution.

We used unmanaged access points before. We switched to more easily control our wireless infrastructure.

Initial setup was very straightforward, as we had been Aerohive customers in the past. Everything just seems to just work. We were able to get wifi up in our new building within 10 minutes of having internet access, and then were able to install and deploy additional access points with ease.

We had a vendor that was available if we had any issues during our deployment, but did not need to use them as no issues arose.

We also received a bid for this project from Aruba.

What other advice do I have?

Aerohive has been a very good solution for us, and we have always been able to get great service and great support.

More ExtremeCloud IQ reviews from users