Altaro VM Backup Review

Backups are much easier to manage, using a drag and drop interface for a lot of the features.

Valuable Features:

Generally, the entire program is brilliant, and there isn't any one feature that I can pick out. However, I'd always recommend using the Altaro offsite backup server as this works brilliantly.

Improvements to My Organization:

Room for Improvement:

The only issue at the moment is a lack of throttling. Our backups tend to take most of the day, and whilst it handles VSS backups very well, you do notice a performance hit because it's using all reads on the disk or transferring at maximum bandwidth.

Deployment Issues:

We have had no issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

There have been no performance issues.

Scalability Issues:

It's been able to scale for our needs.

Other Advice:

The wide range of changes that you can make are very good. However, timings of the backups take quite a while however this is to be resolved with the CBT feature that they're rolling out in the coming months. It would however be nice to throttle bandwidth/ disk activity during set periods of times. They offer a free license for two VMs or less. A lot of features are disabled, but give it a go and like it, purchase it.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're partners
See it in Action