Altaro VM Backup Review

Valuable features include quick recovery, compression, and deduplication

What is most valuable?

Valuable features for us include quick recovery, compression, and deduplication. The mix of these features leads to a reduced backup footprint while having guaranteed fast recovery in case of DR.

How has it helped my organization?

It has helped us with easy deployment of backed up test systems and site recovery in case of general power and connection failures.

What needs improvement?

The cloud backup and VMware support (now available in the latest releases), could do with some improvement.

We have been using the solution for over two years.

We did not encounter any issues with stability. It is always running.

We did not encounter any issues with scalability regarding any situation of environment changes while using Hyper-V.

We haven't often used the technical support as it was not needed. When we did need it, we received a prompt response to our request.

Due to poor support for Hyper-V solutions, we searched for an alternative to the previous solution.

The setup was straightforward and without issues on all hosts where it was deployed.

There is a free version for two VMs. I would advise to study the deployment environment well, prior to committing to order a license per host.

We evaluated Veeam Software, HPE VM Explorer, Backup Exec, and Trilead.

What other advice do I have?

Test multiple solutions for at least two weeks, validate DR scenarios, and the storage required for each solution and scalability.

Schedule Now
Back up unlimited VMs for 30 days. After 30 days, you can use Altaro VM Backup on 2 VMs for free