Aster Data Map Reduce Review

Good performance and it is easy to use data from multiple sources

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution as a simple repository for all of the data that comes from multiple sources related to our organization. It has financial data, transactional data, customer complaint data, as well as customer feedback data. All of these are collected from different systems and they are consolidated for viewing within our management dashboards or for use in other analytics.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the ease of uploading data from multiple sources.

It performs well both in terms of speed and reliability.

What needs improvement?

It is hard for some of our users to set up rules for cleansing and transforming data, so this is something that could be improved. This is necessary because the data that comes from different sources has different formatting, and sometimes there is duplication. This means that some degree of transformation is required.

I would like to see more options for visualization so that the data can be better presented to management.

I have been using Aster Data Map Reduce for about two years.

For all of our users, this solution has been stable. It performs well.

In terms of scale, our data is not very big but we have have not encountered any problems with respect to scalability. We have between 30 and 40 users.

I have never been in touch with technical support.

While the initial setup can be complex, we are fine with it. It took us perhaps two or three days to deploy.

My team handled the deployment but I was not personally involved with it.

One or two people are required for maintenance, depending on their availability.

Before choosing this product we looked at both Apache and a solution from IBM. Ultimately, our team felt that this was more suitable for us.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is considering this solution would be to opt for the cloud version, rather than deploy on-premises. It is a better option.

More Aster Data Map Reduce reviews from users