AWS Backup Review

Effective overwrite features, a straightforward initial setup and good technical support

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution as a backup for snapshots so that the data will not get corrupt or lost. It secures our data for us.

What is most valuable?

The solution has an effective overwrite feature.

What needs improvement?

The notifications on the backup and on the mobile app could be more useful. If they could arrange notes or notifications properly and offer services for managing it in our region, it would be helpful for us.

I've been using the solution for about a year and a half.

The solution is stable.

The solution is scalable. Right now, we have five or six people on our team using it. Internally, we're trying to increase usage. We're migrating new and old accounts to it and revamping the organizational structure to utilize more cloud-based servers.

We've opened tickets with Amazon's technical support in the past year and their response time was fast. We've been satisfied with the level of support they've provided.

We didn't use a different solution before Amazon.

The initial setup was straightforward. The deployment for the backup takes 35 to 40 minutes.

What other advice do I have?

We use the public cloud deployment model.

I'd recommend new users implement the solution on a UC server if they use one.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.