AWS Backup Review

Easy to use and the technical support is good

What is our primary use case?

We are services vendor for AWS and this is one of the solutions that we implement for our clients. A project that I recently worked on involved a storage gateway and AWS Backup was used for backing up snapshots.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the daily incremental site backup.

It is quite easy to use.

What needs improvement?

If AWS Backup were a hybrid solution that also supported on-premises backups then it would be very helpful, especially if you are doing a migration to the cloud. Ideally, I would like to take an AWS snapshot, move it to a storage vault, and then migrate it to the cloud. That would be a nice strategy and it would mean that I don't need to use two different backup approaches.

I have dealt with AWS technical support and they are very good. They are friendly and we have had good answers from them.

I have used Veeam, which is also capable of doing on-premises backups. This makes it better in terms of a holistic solution.

The complexity of the setup depends on the environment and the requirements. If it is a hybrid deployment with an on-premises component then it can take longer.

What other advice do I have?

We have found that in terms of cloud preference, our customers are more inclined to use AWS. This is one of the reasons that AWS Backup is popular.

Overall, AWS Backup is easy to use and I find that it is a good product.

Amazon Web Services (AWS)
More AWS Backup reviews from users