Azure Stack Review

Straightforward to set up and integrates well with other products, but it is not production-ready without a lot of work

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Azure Stack is one of the products that we implement for our clients. One of our clients is using it as an IaaS, where they have control over the infrastructure.

As we learn more about this product, security-wise, and about the tools that are available, we can apply this to what our customers are looking for.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the control and flexibility that we have, where we can build our own solutions from scratch.

Azure Stack integrates well with other tools.

There are documentation and tools available for use, and they are good.

What needs improvement?

One of the problems is that systems still have to be developed and as things move forward, we have to build a lot of our Azure Stack solutions from scratch. It does not give you a complete, production-ready setup.

We are still exploring Azure Stack and are in the requirement gathering phase.

I have not been in contact with technical support.

The initial setup is not complex.

We have an in-house team for deployment. We have different internal teams and generally do not rely on third-party vendors.

We are satisfied with the pricing.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to first look at the people within the community. They have provided details about their experience and it's a good place to start understanding and analyzing, before beginning the implementation. It will give you an idea as to costs, as well as how to integrate with your environment.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.

Microsoft Azure
More Azure Stack reviews from users
...who work at a Comms Service Provider
...who compared it with AWS Outposts
Learn what your peers think about Azure Stack. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,773 professionals have used our research since 2012.