Bamboo Review

Good compiling and deployment features that are ideal for open-source development

What is our primary use case?

We use Bamboo as our continuous integration server.

How has it helped my organization?

We have a project based on AWS and Java, and Bamboo is the solution that fit our needs.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are compiling and deployment.

What needs improvement?

The performance around the deployment feature could be improved.

We have been using Bamboo for three years.

We have experienced a couple of crashes, which is why we have upgraded to new versions as they are released. It seems now that everything is okay. We have 70 people who use this solution, most of which are developers using it for compilation. There are two or three system integrators.

In the context of our project, scalability is enough for our purposes.

I have not personally been in touch with technical support. One of my colleagues may have been, but I haven't heard any feedback.

The initial setup was a lovely experience for us because the first time we tried it, it was ok.

We did not evaluate other options because we primarily use Microsoft development technology and we have only a few targets that are not supported. We had done some research and found the Microsoft Azure DevOps VSTS was not competent enough to support Core Java lambda functions, so we picked up Atlassian Bamboo and we are happy with it.

What other advice do I have?

Bamboo is a solution that I recommend, especially for open-source development organizations that use all open-source tools. Atlassian suite is the best partner for such organizations.