Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Review

Good blocking, logging, traffic monitoring, and VPN capabilities

What is our primary use case?

It is used to secure our local area network and provide VPN access for outside connections. We have its latest version.

What is most valuable?

Its ability to block incoming attacks is valuable. Its logging, traffic monitoring, and VPN capabilities are also valuable.

What needs improvement?

The biggest issue that I have with this solution is that it is not super intuitive. Once you know what to do, things make sense, but you can't just open the program and start doing things. It would be great if there was a little bit more guided usage inside the program.

We got it around the end of 2018. So, it has been about two and a half years.

Its stability is great.

Its scalability is great. Currently, we have about 20 users. The model that we have handles up to 3,000 users. So, we won't have to scale it soon. As we get new employees, we will scale it up, but at this time, we don't have any big plans.

I have called their tech support a lot. They are great.

We had a SonicWall Firewall in place before this.

Its initial setup was of middle complexity for me. Some parts of it were really straightforward, but there were a couple of complex things. Most of it was straightforward, but the complex things were pretty complex.

We did it in-house, and we also had the company's tech support for a couple of items, but most of it was done without tech support on hand. It took two days for everything.

In terms of maintenance, I manage it myself, but it is not something that has to be managed every day.

Its licensing is on a yearly basis. There is an upfront purchase price, and there is also an annual maintenance fee. There are no additional fees.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise others to make sure that they understand their network before trying to set it up. They should understand what they want the firewall to do and make sure that they know what needs to get through the firewall.

I would rate Barracuda CloudGen Firewall an eight out of ten. I am very happy with this solution.

More Barracuda CloudGen Firewall reviews from users
...who compared it with Sophos Cyberoam UTM
Find out what your peers are saying about Barracuda Networks, Fortinet, Cisco and others in Firewalls. Updated: July 2021.
522,693 professionals have used our research since 2012.