Barracuda CloudGen Firewall Review
We had some problems getting the TINA tunnels working. Now that they are working they're valuable.

Valuable Features

• TINA tunnels
  • Real time firewall logs
  • GFI editor

Improvements to My Organization

It upgraded the previous Linux Clark Connect infrastructure and established proper site to site VPN tunnels for all offices across Canada and the US.

Room for Improvement

The GUI can be confusing and overwhelming at times.

Use of Solution

I've used it for two years.

Initially we had some problems getting the TINA tunnels working, but after a while things went well. The support techs for the product were great.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

9/10.

9/10.

We used Clark Connects and we switched because the product was at its end of life and was no longer supported by the Linux community.

Setting up the BGRP routing protocol was a bit confusing but otherwise not so much. The ability to create the shell of the gateways before deployment on the NG management made things fairly straight forward.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house.

ROI

It has offered improved network monitoring and intrusion prevention which we otherwise had none of. The office was under constant spamming by Chinese and Russian IP sub-nets and at one time the exchange server was covertly hijacked as an SMTP relay. The NG gateways helped mitigate these issues.

Other Advice

If you have an issue call support. If you're a Cisco net tech prepare for different terminology and network design.