Barracuda Web Application Firewall Review

Fantastic backend support and is easy to deploy

What is most valuable?

One of the best aspects of the solution is the support provided. Their backend support is fantastic. I've found it's superior to other products, including Cisco. The way the support team treats its customers is great. They really walk you through everything and show you how easy it is to mend issues.

I find the solution to be easy to deploy. You don't need too much technical skill, so you don't need an expert level of understanding.

What needs improvement?

The reporting aspect of the solution needs improvement. I don't find that it's very good. They could do some work on it to make it much better. It's not that the reporting isn't secure. It's just that I would prefer to store my reports for an extended period of time. Right now, that's not possible and I'd prefer it if that could change. I also would say that the reports themselves are expensive.

I've been using the solution since 2009. It's been just over ten years now.

The stability of the solution is good. I don't think we've experienced bugs, crashes, or glitches.

Scalability with the solution is good. It just requires more licenses, like every other product. If you only apply for the environment, it's scalable with the licenses you have. If you're on the physical appliance, you just have to scale it up by pressing the appliance. It probably won't be just deployed on Azure, because we would need to add more licenses.

We've been adding to our system for a while ago, and we haven't run into any issues with continuing to scale.

The technical support offered by Barracuda is excellent. It's one of the greatest selling points of the solution, They are very supportive and help answer any questions we have.

I have previous experience using Cisco.

The solution doesn't require a user to be too technical. I would say the initial setup is very straightforward. The deployment is easy. It's not what I would call complex in any way.

Overall, I would say that I'm satisfied with the pricing. It's got a good range of pricing, and the cost matches the quality level you get out of the solution.

What other advice do I have?

I used to be a customer before, however, now I am partners with Barracuda.

We use both on-premises and public cloud deployment models.

Overall, I'd give the solution a nine out of ten. I'd give it full marks, but it does have issues on the reporting side. The reports are a lot more expensive, even more so than the work itself. That's why I did not give it a 10.

That said, I would recommend Barracuda Firewalls to anybody, any day of the week. They're fantastic.

More Barracuda Web Application Firewall reviews from users