1) The Barracuda Networks Web Application Firewall can protect your vital web applications from various exploits by hackers.
2) Can be easily deployed and configured.
3) Can be used to protect many applications, like Microsoft Outlook Web Access, Oracle, FTP, SharePoint, XML, etc. It can also protect custom applications deployed within the environment.
4) Can be very easily integrated with Active Directory and various 2-factor authentication systems.
5) Has a built in virus scanner for any data uploads.
6) Reasonably priced
7) Checks both Inbound and Outbound traffic to ensure protection against any type of data leakage and theft.
8) Barracuda Web Application Firewall has a built in load balancer, which can easily distribute traffic to multiple backend servers.
Room for Improvement:
1) Generally speaking, the more complex your web application is, the greater the risk. Older sites are highly vulnerable to application layer security threats. Barracuda Networks Web Application Firewall is not tightly equipped to handle application layer security threats.
2) For SSL enabled sites, Barracuda Networks Web Application Firewall requires the duplication of the SSL certificate. This can pose SSL penetration and also significant scalability challenges.
3) Customer service and online support system is a bit slow and needs improvement.
One of the best Web Application Filters to protect your web applications, like FTP, Microsoft Outlook Access, Sharepoint, etc. from hackers. Ease of integration, with various 2-factor authentication systems, is one of the highly sought after features.
It needs improvement in the way that it handles various SSL enabled sites.