Birst Review

I like the single suite module from ETL for reporting and dashboards.

What is most valuable?

• Built-in application connectors for most common purposes: ERP/CRM AWS and REST API.
  • Single suite module from ETL for reporting and dashboards
  • Cloud based BI that can be accessed from anywhere, anytime from mobiles, iPods, tablets, and PCs.

How has it helped my organization?

I built dashboards for the sales and marketing department which helped them do forecasting.

What needs improvement?

Birst constantly rolls out new features so they are always improving. Birst has a very active forum online. People post lots of feedback in regards to existing features. At times, they need to improve.

In my case, I needed a REST API connection and an AWS connection. They released those features after a few months.

I would like to see better connection functionality. It is not very intuitive and the UI is kind of neglected.

We have used this solution for two years.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would give technical support a rating of 9/10.

I used Microsoft BI suite. Our company is the sole reseller of Birst.

The cloud based version is pretty straightforward. The appliance version needs some configuration, but it's not difficult.

We explored other alternatives, but there are no other solutions like Birst that do cloud BI analytics.

What other advice do I have?

It depends on what they purchase. If it is an appliance, then go with AWS.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We're the only resellers in our area. Our company is the sole reseller of Birst.