Birst Review

Provides analytic consolidation. The ETL needs a graphical processing interface.

What is most valuable?

I found the ETL process very valuable to us.

How has it helped my organization?

It has provided new levels of analytic consolidation.

What needs improvement?

• The ETL needs a graphical processing/workflow interface
  • Error logging is cumbersome to work through to find issues
  • Visualizations require add-ons with other products to become state-of-the-art
  • We were hoping that Birst would introduce an add-on with Tableau. To date, we have not heard any more about it.

I have used it for two years.

There were some stability issues. The processing engine occasionally fails with no apparent reason.

We did not encounter any scalability issues. For an additional cost, you can scale as needed. For our needs, it is scalable without additional cost at this time.

We found technical support to be very good and responsive. Tier one support has higher technical expertise than with most other products we use.

We did use another solution. But when we moved to the cloud ERP, we no longer wanted to use an on-premise BI.

This solution also had better connectivity options for the hybrid cloud environment that we found ourselves in at the time.

I came along later in the project. However, it seems that the initial setup was straightforward.

It should be noted however, that Birst Professional Services should not have let us stray too far from the more out-of-the-box methodologies that we employed for the initial implementation.

As a result, we had significant reworking to do in order to resolve some issues and to scale properly.

I was not involved in the evaluation. It seems that the business decided in advance and did little due diligence.

What other advice do I have?

I would recommend using an expert third-party partner to assist in the implementation rather than using Birst Professional Services.