Birst Review

The dashboard tool gave a quick customizable overview of data. I need to hide the data while I put a report together because it would load too slowly.

What is most valuable?

The dashboard tool is the most valuable feature, as it gave a quick customizable overview of data I needed to access on a daily basis.

How has it helped my organization?

Everything we did in the marketing team needed to be based on data and Birst helped us to make calculated decisions based on the given data.

What needs improvement?

The ability to filter out massive amounts of data and load it properly on screen needs to be improved. I would need to hide the data while I put a report together because it would load too slowly.

I have used this solution for around one and a half years.

There were some stability issues less on Birst's end and more in regards to the different types of data that were fed into Birst. Overall, I was pretty satisfied with the stability.

Personally, I did not encounter any scalability issues because I only had to deal with the given data for a six month period at a time (season) or maximum for a year's worth. However, I can imagine how slow the system would be, if we needed to look at it in terms of years and years of data.

I didn't have to deal with anyone from Birst directly, as we had someone in-house who was our Birst source of truth and he would help us technically as well.

Prior to me joining the company, I understand that they used another system. When I joined, they had recently switched to Birst, as we were in need of a more powerful way to deal with data, apart from PowerPivot tool.

I didn't experience the initial setup. I helped build the dashboard with zero knowledge or prior Birst background. It wasn't too complex as I could figure it out with little help but not as straightforward in terms of the UI. It wasn't as intuitive.

I wasn't part of the decision-making process but I know they evaluated other products as well. Eventually, it was down to features and pricing.

What other advice do I have?

It's quite a powerful tool, i.e., if all the data you need can be integrated properly.