Bitdefender GravityZone Review

Facilitates per-project policies and restrictions, making it a flexible tool

What is most valuable?

• Device Control - You can choose what devices will be allowed or blocked, for example, internal storage, external Storage, CD-ROM, Bluetooth, etc.
  • Application blacklisting - You can define the specific path of the application and then allow or block. When set to block, users can no longer access the application you define.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has improved our organization because you can define specific policies per project. For example, when you have different projects in your company or organization and you want different restrictions for each of them, you can assign a policy depending on the project requirement.

What needs improvement?

I think the Application Control (different from application blacklisting) has room for improvement. When you define an application to block, for example applications with .exe file extension, and apply it to production, other .exe applications are also blocked automatically.

I've handled this product for nine months and it is easy to learn.

We did not encounter any stability issues.

We did not encounter any scalability issues.

I would rate the level of technical support at nine out of 10. Their support was very responsive to our inquiries and concerns.

We had a different solution, but still a Bitdefender product, their old version of security for business.

Initial setup was straightforward, we just needed the hardware and physical components in order to accomplish the setup.

The product is great and user friendly, you get value for money.

I do not know whether there were other antivirus product options from other vendors under consideration, since Bitdefender GravityZone was already established when I started with the company. We just migrated from an older product to a newer version of the product and reinstalled.

What other advice do I have?

I rate this product 9 out of 10 because it is very user friendly. I haven't used any other antivirus software management so I cannot compare it to other products.

I highly recommend this product to other consumers, it has great monitoring and scheduled emails for generated reports. There is also monitoring of the viruses on the admin's Web Console.